Team Integra Forums banner

641 - 660 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
So I took the dimmer leads off the car's dimmer circuit and just grounded them (that's what the instructions say for "maximum brightness).... they are still different levels of brightness (dammit!!)

Here's two pics of the QuadPod in the day

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
here is a better shot I got of the difference in brightness...funny how my iPhone got a better picture of it than my DSLR camera :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have seen an issue with somebody having two different shades on their gauges. If i am not mistaking their is a date stamped on the rear of it, and the guy had a gauge made like a year or two apart. He had issues contacting the company and having them resolve it. Other than that, everything looks pretty good on your car.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
So I did finally get an email back today..... he offered to swap out....

but the problem is, i don't know if the Voltage gauge is too bright or the Oil gauge is too dim.... i am waiting to see what the answer to that question is.... i'd *assume* it's the Oil one at fault, but ****, may as well wait a little bit longer and make sure

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
It definitely looks like the oil one is too dim. I mean you can't hardly make out the symbol in blue. Good to hear they will swap it out for you though! =]

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
More stuff today....

Picked up some header wrap, because I was tired of looking at my "blah" discolored header

Before

Much easier to work on with the bumper off and also took off the cover panel on the bottom and the driver side electric fan

When I was all done

After I took this pic from underneath, I redid the one on the left where part of the header isn't covered

Side note: that jack I bought at Harbor Freight a few weeks ago fits nicely under the passenger seat

Next on my list of things to do, get a new valve cover... mine's toast

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
looks alot nicer. any difference in exhaust tone?

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Nothing like a little car project on a Saturday afternoon. Very nice!

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
holy crap that is a low profile jack.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
Off eBay

I just drove here to a local burger joint and damn, the wrap must be "breaking in" as they smoked the whole way here... Looks like it got hot enough under the hood that the driver side fan had one of the protective casings on the wire get melted :-(

This place is only like 2-3 miles away too, that didn't take long to heat up

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I remember my turbo manifold took about 15 seconds to heat up to a point where you could light a cigarette. It's crazy how hot the exhaust manifold gets....and how quickly.

641 - 660 of 6485 Posts