·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
that motor looks all so familiar

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,102 (Edited)
Anyone have any thoughts on BFGoodrich g-Force Rivals vs Bridgestone Pontenza RE-11A's ?

They both can be had for $382 for a set of four (after rebate/prepaid VISA card)... I always hear such good things about RE-11's on the track

BFGoodrich g-Force Rivals

Bridgestone Pontenza RE-11A

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
The local autocross group seems to lean hard toward the Rivals over the RE11s, but the group I track with leans more toward RE11s than Rivals. I think it may have more to do with heat tolerance. A 49 second AX run does a lot less to the tires than an afternoon of 3 minute laps and long, sweeping corners at speed.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,104
After reading around the interwebz some more, I think I am going to go with the RE-11a's

25 days to "Oktoberfast"..... looking forward to another bucket list track..

The wife just signed up today to track her bike at Barber in November, she's stoked about that

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Steve if you need I have the pipe you need you could use that to make a replica of with the welding and such

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,106
Steve if you need I have the pipe you need you could use that to make a replica of with the welding and such
somewhere up in the attic I *think* i have an old IACV valve... i could hack off a nipple from there i think and have it put in the coolant pipe... as long as it's the same size

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,108
I don't have one (yet)... my Dad offered to lend me his stand/picker when they come down in November...

thanks though! he actually has a motor on the stand currently and I'm not sure if he'll have it off by the time they visit, so maybe I'll pick one up anyways

·
Registered
664 Posts
So parts have been coming in fast and furious this week:

For K2Integra's wheel stud swap (and maybe my passenger hub/bearing if time)
- Slide hammer (rented from AutoZone)
- Hub puller (also rented)
- Grease
- I picked up an extra 32mm axle nut from dealer if needed

Tools needed for Timing Belt and/or Valve Seals and/or LMAs:
- Nice torque wrench that does inch/lbs (link)
- Valve nut adjument tool (link)
- Valve holder for air compressor (link, coming later today via UPS)
- Valve stem seal pliers (link, also coming later today)
- Feeler gauge set

Partz bought from eBay or Amazon:
- Supertech valve seals (link)
- GMB Timing Belt and Water Pump Kit (link)
- Skunk 2 Lost Motion Assemblies (link)

Seals, o-rings, stuff bought from dealer for valve seal job:
- 91302-GE0-000 - small o-ring for center of head
- 12342-PT2-000 (x4) - new seals for the spark plug holes
- 91306-PJ4-000 - forgot what these were for, but K2 told me to get them
- 15825-P08-005 - new VTEC solenoid gasket/filter
- 12209-PR3-000 (x3) - crush washers for cam bolts
- still want to pick up an o-ring for distributer (may as well replace as I'll have it off), believe the part # is 30110-PA1-732
Is that GMB timing belt/water pump kit really $1,111.11 ????!! :eek:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,114
I have no idea what that is all about on the relisted item, I only paid $87 and change

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hmmm I may have to grab that stand....Good find!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,116
Just got in that machined steel oil pressure switch adapter.... while I won't be ultimately mounting it like this, I just wanted to show that it'll thread into the block...

I'm going to run the stainless line from my fast-turbo oil line kit into the block, then screw this steel adapter into the ss line, then put my OEM and Glowshift sending units into the adapter and mount against the firewall.

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,119
I put an email into Fast-Turbo asking about me buying a tap for the oil pan to put my oil temp sensor down there (i recall that is the best spot for it too)

If I don't end up wanting to use the OEM oil cooler setup, anyone have any ideas where I could find a oil filter double ended threaded bolt (like I mocked up here in the picture?)

(sorry about the typo... should be "possibly")

Attachments

5101 - 5120 of 6485 Posts