Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,123

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I can verify 96+ LS' do not have an oil cooler assembly. As for the 94-95 LS'?.. Possibly. So I would just order the part for a 96+ LS then, Steve.

Also, lots of those diagrams have a picture/diagram for all models, but then only call out the part numbers for your specific model on that "parts list".

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,125
that's what i am trying to point out...

there is no part number anywhere for the bolt i am looking for.....

even using parts sites and pulling up a 1999 GSR (like mine), there is *still* an oil cooler shown, when I obviously have no such thing

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,129
Playing basketball today one of the guys who usually drives up there in his EVO instead pulled up in a nice clean G2 with a B20 swap...

We were talking about our cars while waiting for next game (I drove mine up there too) and I brought up the site and he was like "i love going on that site for help and information"...

that was kind of cool.... he's a good guy... been trying to talk him into taking the EVO out to Daytona for the Turkey Trot NASA event

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,132
Turkey Trot that is usually @ CMP is still NASA-SE, this event is NASA-SE too, so same event/name, just different venue :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,134 (Edited)
T-Minus 18 days until Oktoberfast
===============================

Car/accessory checklist off top of my head for the upcoming event:
- Change oil
- New tires - still on fence wether my ZII's can make it through one more event or not
- Remove stereo system
- Trailer adjustments (which I'm giving it to a buddy today for all this)
-- Replace the trailer jack (one on there is all rusty and bent up)
-- Weld in some 2" steel supports underneath where the front tires will sit when parked
-- Move the sway bar mount back as @knavekid suggested
-- Cover the holes I cut in the trailer for the straps with some steel diamond plate
-- Picked up a 3000 lb electric winch off craigslist over the weekend, Ed is going to weld a holder (just a standard 2" hitch receiver that I picked up for $12 at Harbor Freight) in place for it

Various stuff:
- While stocking up on methanol on Saturday I picked up a 1/8 NPT welding bung so I can have my oil temp sensor off the oil pan (i'll do this when the engine redo goes down at end of year)
- Love having my oil pressure gauge back in play ! it's such an important thing to know about while out there

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,136
Dammit !

Finally went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a 2'x3' frame and inner border/mat... only to struggle getting one of the little bendable clips down and i ended up cracking the glass... ::: grrrr ::: what a pain...

Regardless of all this, thanks so much to @knavekid for the print of my car on Palm Beach Int'l Raceway... freaking awesome

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,138
mmmmm..... tires....

ordered yesterday at like 4 pm, they were here at 10:30 am today....

Attachments

5121 - 5140 of 6485 Posts