Team Integra Forums banner

1481 - 1500 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ill be sure to take some good pics of them and let you guys know how well the mats work out.

So I test fitted the intercooler piping and it looks like I will be needing to trim the piping on the intake manifold side. One thing though is after I trim it how will I be able to roll the edge again? Anyone ever done this or know what is needed to do this?
Found this link after doing some searching around. Guess ill give it a shot.
Homemade Intercooler pipe bead tool | DSMtuners

Here is what I did when I had to make some beads on my old Golf. I actually still have it , if you still need it.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,483
Intercooler piping clamps and couplers came in today.

Made a mistake and apparently clicked on a 3.25in to 2.5in reducer instead of a 3in to 2.5in. Guess ill either have to order the correct one or figure something else out. Overall quality is very good from what I can tell.

Called SpeedFactory today to check on the tuning schedule and it looks like they are only a couple weeks out for a tune which isnt too bad. Last time I checked it was like a month and a half lol. Hopefully ill be scheduling it in a couple weeks.

Intercooler comes Monday. I wish it was this week so I can mock everything up and figure out how much off of the bumper support I need to cut to make it fit but I guess that will be next weekends fun. Got a couple small parts coming tomorrow and Friday but nothing major. Next pay check Ill at least order my oil cooler setup so I can figure out where thats getting installed and then ill be good to pull the motor....again lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Adnoh61b I wouldn't recommend going to facetuned, I have dealt with someone that is an employee now that wasnt on full time at the time I had something done but if he still works there he is a joke. I had him socket and chip my old sohc years ago and come to find out he charged me but put m stock chip back in. I recommend Speedfactory all day great service great people.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,487
Received my turbo mounting hardware today.

I was off work pretty early today so I figure why not throw some parts on and see how it looks. Also try and get an idea of what I will need to modify.

Ignore the bolts holding on the down pipe they are just temporary lol. Overall it looks pretty good so far. I clocked the turbo to about where it should be. Had to pretty much flip everything upside down to get it where I wanted it. I know I will need to cut the piping where it connects to the throttle body and where it comes off of the turbo. Just waiting until the intercooler comes in so I can see how much room I need to leave in the front. Seeing some of the parts on the car finally makes me pretty excited! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,489
Thanks Noah!

So I ran into an issue with my downpipe. The way the bend is sooo close to the flange I am unable to mount it to the turbo on the 2 lower points. I tried using bolts which were too long, then tried using studs that were just barely long enough to use which didnt leave any room to fit the nut onto the threads.
Pic that kinda shows the issue.

Going to call BWR tomorrow to see what they can do about it. Hopefully they will help me out since it is a design flaw the only thing that sucks is that I bought the setup almost a year ago.

Other than that my goal is to install the exhaust this weekend and probably a couple other small things. Gotta stay busy!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I'm thinking that if the bottom holes were slotted parallel to each other, you could put bolts with washers and the gasket in first, then slide the down pipe into place and tighten the bolts. You might be able to do this yourself with a Dremel and cut-off disk.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I'm thinking that if the bottom holes were slotted parallel to each other, you could put bolts with washers and the gasket in first, then slide the down pipe into place and tighten the bolts. You might be able to do this yourself with a Dremel and cut-off disk.

^Not a bad idea/possible solution.

Still beware: if the nuts or bolt heads (whether you end up using bolts or studs with nuts) do not sit flush on the flange face (for instance if they are too close to the welds) they will not stay tight very long, which is problematic as you would imagine.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
The dp needs some dimples so you can tie down a nut.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,499
Heres where im at so far today:

Started with this

Hacked off this. Worst thing about the exhaust system. Limiting the 3in piping. MOAR POWA!

Started installing the exhaust. Ran into an issue with the hangers on the exhaust system hitting the shift linkage. Kinda hard to see but looked like this.

Then to this

All installed

Started getting ready for the mounting of the radiator. Drilled out the drivers side lower radiator mount (forgot to take a pic of it) and set the radiator in. I have the triple core X-Line Mishimoto radiator which is a little thicker than the original but its sitting a little too close to the manifold and down pipe for comfort. Thinking about moving the passenger side mount over also so the radiator wont be as close to the exhaust. I know ill have to figure out something for the overflow but I cant think of any other issues. The radiator should still see enough airflow when moved over, right? What does every one think about this?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,500
Picked up a metric tap and die set at Autozone this morning. It has most of the common sizes for our cars and was only $22.

Removed both of the radiator mounts and moved them over as much as I could so its a little further from the downpipe. Used 6 rivets per mount to reinstall them in the new location so they should be good. Also used the new tap and die set to tap a existing hole so I could use it to reinstall the radiator stay.

Have a couple ideas on the location for the oil cooler just curious what everyones ideas were on it.

1st idea:
Install oil cooler behind the intercooler and in front of the radiator. I will then put in sheet metal on the drivers side to guide air to both the radiator and oil cooler.

2nd idea:
Install oil cooler on drivers side so radiator and oil cooler both get air. Oil cooler will be a little close to the turbo and wastegate. Sheet metal will be used behind the oil cooler to divert extra air to the radiator.

1481 - 1500 of 2483 Posts