Team Integra Forums banner

161 - 180 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would look into one of the private label motoring headers. they seem to have good reviews and feed back. I plan on ordering the Toda replica because of its power and superior ground clearance.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That Spring rate is just barely noticeably stiffer than stock. I'm running f500/r300 and it's actually almost as soft as stock. I do have less body roll though, but that also has to do with how much I lowered it.

Part of the soft feel, may be that I am just running sleeves and springs on stock shocks. I'm not sure. But man I'd give up my left leg and learn to use my right foot to hit the clutch, for some Ground Controls.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would look into one of the private label motoring headers. they seem to have good reviews and feed back. I plan on ordering the Toda replica because of its power and superior ground clearance.

x2 there's a couple good threads on comparisons from honda-tech, very noticable!

I'll search em up

bingo:http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3005484

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Ya thats the one. It was on sale for cyber monday for $260.
Aww man looks like I just missed it. I guess I will be ordering this one then. Just have to wait for Paypal to refund my money. For some reason when TunerSports refunded it the refund was put on hold I called them and they said that it will be available tomorrow. Is there a place that has a better price?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
That Spring rate is just barely noticeably stiffer than stock. I'm running f500/r300 and it's actually almost as soft as stock. I do have less body roll though, but that also has to do with how much I lowered it.

Part of the soft feel, may be that I am just running sleeves and springs on stock shocks. I'm not sure. But man I'd give up my left leg and learn to use my right foot to hit the clutch, for some Ground Controls.
Searching around online I found that the factory rates for our cars are:
Stock 212 lb/in 117 lb/in
Stock Type R 246 lb/in 140 - 246 lb/in

How much more do you think I should go? Like f500/r400? I think no matter the spring rate I choose I am going to be very happy with the results. I read somewhere that you can get replacement springs from eibach for like $60 for a pair so if im not happy with my choice it wont cost much to replace. I am pretty excited to order my suspension though! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
So I made an offer on the header that was posted early still waiting to here back from them. I figure I could probably save a little bit on it.

I ordered my test pipe from TunerSports.com today. They probably have the best customer service that I have ever dealt with. I get quick responses usually within a hour or two sometimes within 20 minutes even in the evenings. When the header that I had ordered was out of stock they let me know the next business day and even offered to give me a discount on my next order. They also have terrific prices which are usually lower than any other place.

Still waiting to receive my NRG Quick Lock Holder from WeakSauce. I ordered this back on the 10th and it still hasnt even shipped. I am pretty let down on there speed of shipping. I thought that a company as well known as them in the industry would have had there stuff down but I guess not.

On another note some parts arrived.

My washers that convert the cone shape of aftermarket lugs to the oem ball shaped rims. This way I can run my snow tires with the aftermarket lugs. I also plan on getting a set of blades someday.

Set of mudflaps that I ordered for my buddy. Only $46 for the full set with all hardware. Dont buy into the Password JDM hype saying that they are not available anymore and charging you $130 for a set.

Exhaust manifold hardware and timing cover bolts

Timing cover

Timing cover gasket

Exhaust manifold gasket

Spare 98+ tail light. It was only $15 so I figured I could use a spare or sell it later

Ill be picking up a master cylinder tomorrow and probably installing it Friday so my brakes should hopefully be good after that.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Got some more stuff today

I was so excited when I opened it that I accidentally cut the bottom of it with the scissors I was using to open the packaging :rolleyes:

New Denso O2 sensor

Master cylinder. I will be installing it tomorrow morning

I checked my ebay account and I guess the offer I made on the header was accepted yesterday but for some reason I didnt get an email about it. So I paid for that and it got shipped out today. Cant wait to get my header, test pipe and O2 sensor installed. I think next I will get a new set of NGK plug wires. The ones I got now look pretty old and worn out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I checked my ebay account and I guess the offer I made on the header was accepted yesterday but for some reason I didnt get an email about it. So I paid for that and it got shipped out today. Cant wait to get my header, test pipe and O2 sensor installed. I think next I will get a new set of NGK plug wires. The ones I got now look pretty old and worn out.
Where are you going to order those NGK wires from? I need some too

·
Registered
157 Posts

That is the one you ordered correct?

I have one and have been very happy with it except for the holes coming NO where even close to lining up with the stock hanger. PLM was not of any help with a solution, they said the header was designed for a B16.

Doing some research a bracket from a JDM ITR may work, I never got around to trying it. Instead I had the bracket cut off and new one welded on in the correct location.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
That is the one you ordered correct?

I have one and have been very happy with it except for the holes coming NO where even close to lining up with the stock hanger. PLM was not of any help with a solution, they said the header was designed for a B16.

Doing some research a bracket from a JDM ITR may work, I never got around to trying it. Instead I had the bracket cut off and new one welded on in the correct location.
Yeah thats the one that I ordered. I didnt even know that there was a bracket. I dont think my factory manifold even has one right now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been trying to find a set of mudguards for ages for my 99' and it does appear that they are completely discontinued and sold out, it's true they still sell them for the 94-97 though. 08P00-ST7-204 seems to be the only option for anyone with a 98-01 rear bumper.

161 - 180 of 2483 Posts