Team Integra Forums banner

181 - 200 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ya i'm not sure. I tried putting them on at one point and they looked weird. Would be awesome if you can post up some pics of them installed. Some close ups would be nice!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ya just like if you were to look at them from the side. A angle like this but close up

Not trying to ***** my car on your thread, was just a fast pic I can pull up :D

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
No gap for me. Mine came with the mud flaps on them already plus I currently have the 94-97 rear. I am planning on upgrading to the 98-01 rear with valances since I need to repaint it anyways. There is a 98+ coupe in the local wrecking yard that I believe had a set of mudflaps that I could probably snag for you.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
So yesterday I replaced the master cylinder and so far the brakes feel great. The pedal feels firm and hasnt dropped to the floor yet. Its nice to know that my car will stop when it needs to lol.

Then of course I fix one problem and find another. For some reason the power lock on the passenger side isnt locking the door. When I hit unlock the lock lever moves about half way but not enough to actually lock the door. Im sure its something easy just havent had a chance to take the panel off and look at it.

On a good note though my header will be here Monday. Not too sure about the test pipe because the tracking info they gave me wasnt correct. I am sure it will be here before the weekend which is when I am planning on doing the install. The only thing I gotta figure out now is who I can borrow a right angle drill from since I gotta remove 2 broken bolts from my motor.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Received a couple packages today:

Cant wait to throw this on. Hopefully I have time this weekend. I am going to the UFC fight on Saturday which will probably take up most of the day. Overall the header looks to be pretty well made.

Couple Team-Integra shirts and a lanyard

I think after I install the header and test pipe I will get it tuned finally and call it good on the motor for now. I just wanted to complete the exhaust so I wouldnt have any bottleneck on the system. I will now have 2.5in from the header back. I would like to get a set of cams later on but I dont see that happening anytime soon.

The next mods I plan on doing are:
*Koni/Ground Control setup with 4 extended tophats (next purchase)
*ASR swaybar and subframe brace kit
*Lower control arms
*Finally get new seats

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
So I got the header somewhat installed. Right now I have the header and test pipe bolted in but for some reason the previous owner extended the exhaust. Not sure why but the exhaust is probably 6 inches too long.

Did about all I could for the night. In the morning im gonna cut out the extended section and my step dad is gonna weld it back together. It should be good after that. I am pretty excited to finish up and take it for a spin. I had to remove the drivers side fan though since there wasnt enough clearance which wasnt too big of a deal. I also wasnt able to get the far left stud removed since whoever tried to fix it before me drilled it out too big. I did get the other broken stud out though. I also replaced all the old studs and nuts with all new hardware. Heres the pic of the header bolted on.

Tomorrow I will be finishing up then heading to UFC. Cant wait! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Damn I wish my header was still in that shiny state..... someday I'll get it Jethot coated I hope.

Good luck with the rest of the exhaust install today

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Damn I wish my header was still in that shiny state..... someday I'll get it Jethot coated I hope.

Good luck with the rest of the exhaust install today
Yeah lol. I wish I would have cleaned it before I installed it. Right when I started it the oils that they put on it turned to brown so it doesnt look quite as nice anymore.
:facepalm

So yesterday we welded the pipe back together but ran out of time and didnt get a chance to install it so I had to do it today. Had a few too many :beer: last night at UFC but installing that exhaust pipe this morning was horrible. Hungover crawling on concrete under a car trying to hold the pipe up with your feet while bolting in the other side was not fun at all but I got through it.

I finally drove it and the car feels amazing. It feels alot more responsive and just feels like it takes off when I get on it. I am glad I got the direct fit O2 sensor that plugs right in. The old one was one of those universal ones. I also deleted my 2nd O2 sensor since I am OBD1.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
I am about to order my suspension this week. I just looked on ebay and they have the extended top hats for a good price finally. The last time I tried looking for them the same exact ones were like $270 which isnt much cheaper than Ground Control. They are on sale now for $112 shipped for all 4. Civic Sir EK9 SI Black coilover Shocks Top Mount Top Hats Strut Tower Suspension | eBay

I will be going with F45/R350 for my rates. The Koni yellow/Ground Control setup is $799 shipped with custom rates which is a pretty good deal. Cant wait to get them installed and hit some corners. :biggrin:

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's awesome news on the suspension man.

Quick tip for ya, you can wipe down your header with a clean rag and wd40 and it brings them back to an original finish. Which will allow them to color properly. And anytime you want to make them shiny again, the wd40 will take all the color off and put it back to original finish.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Found some old pics from cars I use to have so I decided to make a list of cars I owned i the past.

In order
89 Mazda MX-6 (Wrecked)
No pics

91 Ford Probe
No pics

My first Honda. A 97 GSR (Wrecked)

03 Kia Optima
No pics

89 CRX (sold)

93 Civic Hatch (sold)

91 LS (Sold ASAP)

93 Toyota 4Runner (sold)

97 Civic Coupe (sold)

95 Civic hatch (sold)

93 Toyota Pickup (Sold, I wish I would have kept it)

Then I bought this teg :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Nice job so far! I have 4 integras right now and this is really getting me pumped to restore both the integras that are just shells at the moment.

181 - 200 of 2483 Posts