Discussion Starter #1,625

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Good vitals to have with boost are

- wideband
- oil pressure
- boost (obviously lol)

At the least. For s/c ive heard that coolant temp and ait sensors are good to have if you feel like it... Oil temp isnt super necessary imo unless you are super tracking the car.

Also depending on what kind of supercharger it is, cooling for it is either you can or you can't.

Aftercoolers are expensive, and a2w needs to be built into the intake manifold sometimes. Not worth it lol.

But air intake temps are going to be something to watch closely after install. EGTs will skyrocket as well.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,633
So yesterday I got some new tires for the Teg... a set of Nitto Neogens... hopefully they last me :)

Also took an inventory of "stuff sitting around the house that needs to be installed" today:

- JRSC (obviously)
- Steel braided line to relocate the Oil Pressure sending unit
- new Stoptech brake pads
- oil change
- new IACV
- Aerocatch hood pins (damn, i am fearing cutting into my new hood)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,597 Posts
don't bother with the pins steve. i took my teg up to 125 with the cf hood and it was fine. don't ruin it if you don't want to. also, be CAREFUL in the wet with those neogens. they don't provide nearly the responsiveness they should in water (nor the grip). they'll do okay but they break loose with zero warning so get em out on a free and clear road before you really push em.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,637
Yeah, I don't want to cut it up either

I would think that pulling down the middle of the hood could make the corners flap more because of pressure

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
do you have the rubber molding installed on the hood? you could raise the hood adjusters for the sides/corners.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,639
do you have the rubber molding installed on the hood?
yup, it's just that it's now attached to the bumper and not the hood (there's no holes in my KF hood for the snap in clips)

you could raise the hood adjusters for the sides/corners.
I'll have to try that out

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Could always try to lower the hood latch slightly - little tighter fit less flapping.

Just hate to see you cut into that beautiful hood.
But is so distracting to see your hood moving/shaking everytime you are on highway... but yea, i'd agree that cutting into your brand new cf hood is much riskier... mine was completely beat up. :) Now that I have my hoodpin, I can go all the way to 170kph (at times) with 200% peace of mind.

But the trick is just to make the initial hole small, so that even if you misaligned it, you could always save it later when you bore it out.

1621 - 1640 of 6485 Posts