- 754 miles
- 4 states
- 3 red bulls
- 1 near involvement in a 9 car wreck
- 100 miles of driving in a Tropical Storm
- 1 pissed off cat put into the vet boarding place
- 13 hours of driving

Got to my cousins house at 11 pm, had some beers and watched the Red Sox game

This morning drove the 10 miles north to my parents house and ripped out my driver side axle, had to drive an hour north to get a replacement (lifetime warranty = win), but it's all good.... No more clunking from what i could tell..... While i was under there, changed my oil even though it's only been a few thousand miles...

My dad got a good laugh from two things i did:
- used a big crescent wrench and my jack to pop the ball joint
- used a brick, thanks to a post by integratuner77, to pop out the old axle (that was awesome)

My car needs some SERIOUS detailing, hope to get to that tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Your parents live in Myrtle Beach now? That's awesome. Bet they don't miss those Boston winters.

Glad to hear you arrived safely.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
So was going to spend the afternoon detailing the Teg, but it's just too damn hot here (it's low 90's and humid as hell)...

I did get a wash in, the car was still beading anyways from my last wax job, so i think the car is all good....

Pretty much done with the car until the meetup

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #831
So pics pulled off my phone from the past 4 days:

I'll make a proper post and blab about these pics later on.....i will note that: "LSD = good" !!

http://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
Man I wish I had seen/known about that waterfall spot for pictures. It's freaking awesome! Didn't see it until we were on the way to pizza Saturday night. Gonna have to head over there next here if it rains enough to create the waterfall again.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
just that show image is amazing!!! i'll have to view them when i get time! thanks for everything steve!! i'm so glad you've been telling me about this all year. i def had the time of my life!! met SOO many great people and that was definitely the most advanced road(including tracks) that i've driven!! sooo much win!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #834
btw, it is an engine mount that is clunking

uber thanks to both Coolhandryan and Christian (swnswk-something-something) for taking my car down to the parking lot and diagnosing it

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
TurboLS on Aug/02/10 said:
^^ Simple :)

I'll do it when I come down for vacay!

You'll need a jack and basic hand tools. You'll have to loosen pretty much all of the mounts to get to that bastard and replace it... shouldn't take more than half a day even if we don't have a hoist...
OOohh ramzi you have not tried this on a stock gsr yet... it's eleventybillion times harder to do. Crazy stock intake manifold brace hates on you bad.

It's a chore :)

821 - 840 of 6485 Posts