Team Integra Forums banner

5621 - 5640 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
the oil temp sensor needs to be in a place with actual flow, at the end of a steel line/T, once the pump pressurizes that port the oil will sit stagnant in that branch

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I was also going to suggest mounting the temp. sensor in a high pressure area, like off of the sandwich plate port or the like. It seems the oil pan is a little too cool for a good reading, Especially if you are running a Moroso pan.. I can't remember if you are OEM pan or not. Good luck on tune day!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,623
there is NO extra sandwich plate going on my car... i've already learned, and paid, the price for "stacking" plates (my oil cooler has one and that's on there)

I do have an OEM pan with baffles welded in..

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
No no, don't add a plate. Moreover, use a "free" hole that isn't occupied on the high pressure side of things (whether it be on your oil cooler sammich, T fitting, etc, etc..). An alternative would be finding a "better" place on the oil pan for it, but that is not the easiest "trail and error" method for obvious reasons..

But that above pic ^ Totally makes sense now. The baffles could be keeping the sensor out of the oil at some or all of the time, causing really "low/not hot enough" readings.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,629 (Edited)
258 HP, 176 Torque at one point... i think the final numbers ended up being a few under that, i'll wait to get the charts via John from email

Here is the the one and only video i got that was good, it was soooo dark in the bay

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,631
Here's two dyno sheets:

Speed Compensated:

"Final":

Time to get the car back out there !!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,635 (Edited)
No I dont.... John doesn't like the program's A/F functionality so he had it turned off and used my innovative gauge and/or whatever he uses for eCTune to read it, but no output to the DynoJet program

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,637
it's hard to tell with the confusing difference between "STD" and "SAE" and whatever the smoothing is about, but looks like ~ 10 horses and a few more ft/lbs of torque.... doesn't really seem much in the grand scheme of things done in the past 3 months, but I now have absolutely zero qualms about reliability with my 155k motor :)

*if* anything else gets done to the car at this point it will be addressing shedding weight out of there (i must have like 50 lbs of dynamat installed) and stiffening up the chassis (roll cage perhaps), but not anytime soon, I want to focus my car/fun money on doing some events

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ten horsepower and a few torques may not but much, but like you said with reliability, and like Justin said about your "torque table" it's totally worth. And the engine building experience you gained. Fantastic work Stephen, I can't wait to see it in person.

Reactions: dpaton
5621 - 5640 of 6485 Posts