Team Integra Forums banner

1781 - 1800 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I can vouch for the 3 inch system he is running too as I had one on my Teg, its a great exhaust for the price! If you are replacing the rear muffler from the get go I would also replace the resonator as well. Magnaflow 18 incher would be perfect, and is only like 35 bones shipped on eBay.

Good find Justin! The Miata world needs more stuff like this

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Is that the same exhaust that @echelonwarrior has now? If so it sounds great! Nice low rumble
Yes sir it is! Same exact exhaust actually, it's been on two Tegs now. Although I will say 3 inch piping always gives a deeper tone than 2.5, because of the size.

But still, it will sound excellent I can assure you.

Brand new OEM visors.. Nicee stuff! Can't wait to see them on man!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,793
Last night before bed I installed the passenger side visor and this morning at 6am I installed the drivers side. The install went pretty well. At first I was a little nervous about cutting into my weather stripping to install them but it wasnt too bad.

@95_TeggyRS and I went on a mini cruise/photoshoot this morning

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,794
Been looking at tires and rims lately. I already have the rims picked out but am going back and forth on the tire selection.

My plan is to run 205/50/15r tires on an 8 inch rim. Seems to be a pretty popular setup with the Miata guys.

What I will be using the tire for is:
*Mostly street use
*Wont be daily driven on just a weekend car at most
*Rarely driven in rain/snow
*A fun tire that does well on corners and the straights

The tires I am looking at are:
Nitto Neo Gen VR's - $350 for 4 shipped with replacement certificates and valve stems

Yokohoma S.Drive's - $462 for 4 shipped with replacement certificates and valve stems

I am leaning towards the Nitto Neo Gen VR's because of the price plus they seem to be more of a performance tire. I have read great reviews on both tires.

Any input on either of these tires or have another tire I should check out?

·
Registered
282 Posts
You don't wanna go with treadwear less than ~300? Seeing as the car isn't driven daily and with added power.. I'd go for a stickier tire.

I ran the Falken 615s ( RT and K compounds ) for about 6 summers on the teg and loved them, however there's better tires out there but not in the sizes you're looking for.

Kumho Ecsta S isn't a bad choice:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+XS&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=05WR5EXS&tab=Sizes

Hankook RS3 is a badass tire but not available in your size :(.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like your images a lot but I wanted to edit them to bring out more colors, pop out more, look more dramatic since they were looking kinda "flat." I hope you don't mind. Of the two tire choices, I run the S Drives and love them so far! I can't comment on the Nitto's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,797
You don't wanna go with treadwear less than ~300? Seeing as the car isn't driven daily and with added power.. I'd go for a stickier tire.

I ran the Falken 615s ( RT and K compounds ) for about 6 summers on the teg and loved them, however there's better tires out there but not in the sizes you're looking for.

Kumho Ecsta S isn't a bad choice:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+XS&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=05WR5EXS&tab=Sizes

Hankook RS3 is a badass tire but not available in your size :(.
I probably could go less than 300. The neo gen VR's are at 280:wink:.

The Falken RT-615K's and Nitto NT05's were on the maybe list. I was just worried about the life of these tires. How many miles did you get out of your 615's?

Falken RT-615K's are $503 shipped with valve stems and replacement certificates

Nitto NT05's are $436 shipped with valve stems and replacement certificates

I like your images a lot but I wanted to edit them to bring out more colors, pop out more, look more dramatic since they were looking kinda "flat." I hope you don't mind. Of the two tire choices, I run the S Drives and love them so far! I can't comment on the Nitto's.
Yeah im a noob when it comes to editing pics plus I was trying out a new free software app. They look good!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I probably could go less than 300. The neo gen VR's are at 280:wink:.

The Falken RT-615K's and Nitto NT05's were on the maybe list. I was just worried about the life of these tires. How many miles did you get out of your 615's?

Falken RT-615K's are $503 shipped with valve stems and replacement certificates

Nitto NT05's are $436 shipped with valve stems and replacement certificates

Yeah im a noob when it comes to editing pics plus I was trying out a new free software app. They look good!
Yeah I saw the other tire was 280, hence the "~" :)

Re the Falkens, I've managed to get 3 summers on each set. Got them first in 2009 (RT) then in 2012 switched over to the Ks. Car was driven daily (many hwy miles) up until 2012 then it became a wknd warrior with qm / open lapping events in between.

I don't remember the mileage unfortunately, I could guess but I'd be wrong. They definitely get less mileage since they have less tread depth to begin with than the rest of the tires. Considering they are rated 200 and the amount of silly stuff I did on them throughout the years ( trust me.. I didn't go easy on them ) , I felt they were good to me.

BFG Rivals, Star Spec ZII, or Ventus RS3 would be my top picks, in that order.
I agree with this list, been doing a lot of reading for my next set and it's going to have to be one of these. :thumbs_up:

1781 - 1800 of 2483 Posts