Team Integra Forums banner

1881 - 1900 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Agree with everything above, Felpro's OE replacement gasket has held up much better IMO, along with some Red RTV between the gasket and block AND between the gasket and pan.

I would keep the stock pan tho, it works!

Steve, Do you have a spare hole on your sandwich plate for oil pressure? Or you could T off your OEM oil light hole I suppose.

Also, if you are having issues with your sandwich plate, I would look into Golden Eagle's plate. Its a well built piece and has 2 ports for oil related accesseries (temp, pressure, etc..). I use it and have had no issues in a year of use.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,883
Pressure (and temp) are both currently hooked up to a sandwich plate... but I am looking to avoid using the plate, or any brand plate for that matter, as I try to get rid of this oil leak

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,884
This picture shows what I noticed while working on the car last weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Ahh I see. It does appear to be coming from above the oil pan (plate most likely). I would just check your fittings connections and the seal between the plate and the block, for leaks.

If you are looking to not use a plate at all then you could T off the stock oil light hole for the pressure gauge. As far as the temp gauge goes, maybe a port on the stock pan isn't such a bad idea? Melt could tell you if that is a good source for an accurate oil temp or not, I simply don't know.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,886
Well yeah... but... the oil pan gasket is DEFINITELY seeping... so while there is evidence of leaking from the sandwich plate, there *also* could be issues from the oil pan itself.... I'm not trying to decide "one or the other", I am trying to take care of both

Where is the 'oil light hole' located? is it something I can get to with the IM/supercharger installed?

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Well yeah... but... the oil pan gasket is DEFINITELY seeping... so while there is evidence of leaking from the sandwich plate, there *also* could be issues from the oil pan itself.... I'm not trying to decide "one or the other", I am trying to take care of both

Where is the 'oil light hole' located? is it something I can get to with the IM/supercharger installed?
The "oil light hole" is just to the left of your arrow on your picture above. It's the black cone sticking out.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Ah I see, well both shall be replaced then. Sorry about the "oil light hole" terminology lol, it worked. But you should be able to get to the oil light sensor with the SC on.. I know for a fact you can with the OEM GSR manifold, not sure about the SC however.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Sandwich plate elimination using your relocation kit and a 1/8"NPT bulkhead fitting for the pan:

Ah I get what you're trying to do. If you want to eliminate the sandwich plate (and use your relocation kit) do the following:
1. Move stock pressure and aftermarket pressure sending units to your relocation kit (mind the BSPT threads on the stock unit and block).
2. Get a 1/8" NPT bulkhead and drill a hole in the oil pan. Put the bulkhead fitting on the hole in the pan to make a nice fitting to thread your temperature sender into the pan. You want something like this. Use RTV to seal the bulkhead down really well on the pan. Obviously make sure you're low enough to be submerged in the oil for the sending unit.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,890
'Sandwich plate elimination using your relocation kit'

my relocation kit? what is this?

so the oil light hole connection is a tapered/angled connection?

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
my relocation kit? what is this?
so the oil light hole connection is a tapered/angled connection?
Didn't you buy a sending unit hose kit to get that giant sending unit off the sandwich? The thing me and tegtuner77 told you to buy? It came with some other fittings probably.

The hole in the block is 1/8" BSPT threaded where the stock pressure unit is, the sending unit is also BSPT threaded to match. You dont want to crank an NPT fitting into that hole as the threads are ever so slightly different. Your sending unit relocation kit should have come with the BSPT->NPT adapter(s).

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,892
ah, the steel braided line... yeah, it came with a bunch of stuff... i'm not even sure if I have the extra parts anymore... i'll have to go dig them up..

so in there should be enough to go from the hole on the block, connect the braided line to hook up the sending unit too AND hook up the stock line

then i get the NPT fitting, mount it low in the oil pan, like next to the drain plug, and plug in the oil temp sensor here...

these two things will let me remove the sandwich plate altogether....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,895
So started up the car today and drove it a few miles because I had yet to see the Glowshift gauges actually work yet....

So they are all good... the boost/vacuum gauge appeared operational, and the oil temperature gauge was climbing up... i only drove a few miles as i said, so it only got up to 160 degrees... i have absolutely no idea what "normal operating temp" for oil is i found a thread on here that was a very vague "200 degrees"

Also.... this time I had (or noticed) Supercharger whistle.... here is a video that hopefully demonstrates this..... just a high pitched steady whine/whistle

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,896
man, i wonder if there is something like this for the Integra

Oil drain plug with ability to plug a sensor into

* Edit *

Here's one:

"Use our adaptor to install an 1/8" NPT oil temperature sending unit at the oil pan. Sealed with an OEM copper crush washer, our drain plug adaptor will be free of leaks or trouble. Threaded for an 1/8"-27 NPT oil temp sender and M14x1.5 oil pan."

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,899
At lunch today I finally got this hose hooked up like it should be :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
At lunch today I finally got this hose hooked up like it should be :)

lolol, glad you finished the install, looks nice and clean :rolleyes:

1881 - 1900 of 6485 Posts