Opinions on street tires for big turbo - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opinions on street tires for big turbo

Hi all,

Will be running a high HP turbo integra (500+) on the street and wondering if you had any inputs on a street tire. The car will have boost by gear but wondering what everyone else is running and their opinions on their tires. Obviously I'm not expecting dead hooks but this will be something to run on the street since I'll be DDing the car.

I was looking into R888's but read that they're not optimal for the street as they require lots of warm up to get to an optimal heat cycle, and of course treadwear is another factor but not a deciding factor.

Is anyone running RE-71's or anything of that class? I guess another question is how are warmed up RE-71's versus cold R888's and how long do R888's take to warm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:42 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've never used RE-71rs for straight line stuff, but they get heat really quick for autocross runs. A lot of drag people use R888s and they always seem happy about them but a lot of my SRS BZNS track and autocross friends really hate them.

The main issue with RE71rs is for 15in tire sizes you are limited to a 205/50/15 or a 195/50/15 so they might not be wide enough for a 500 hp integra whereas they are perfect on a 200 hp n/a car.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Right on! Yeah unfortunately I bought the wheels before I thought about going turbo so I was stuck with a 16x7...ended up with the R888's to try to get the most sticky tire as possible. Will report back if anyone is interested on how they perform.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page