Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to bypass the WOT switch on the ZEX kit? and still have the n20 managment system still work?

Or..

Is there a way in general to just make it conventional push buttom style?

Anybody done this to there kit?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
This is just a theory, but....

If you wired it to a momentary switch (push button, like starter buttons) I don't see why it wouldn't work. Here's what I find different though. It runs off of the TPS in order to determine when it is at WOT. When your car is at WOT, the TPS reads appros 4.45 volts. Or somewhere in that neighborhood.So, what i'm saying is, if you used just a momentary switch, wouldn't you have to reduce the voltage to it, or else you might end up frying part of the ZEX kit ?

Maybe I am missing something with my though..so if anyone can add...please do.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
are you wanting to spray at something other than WOT? why?

if you don't, you can always wire in another switch in series with the solenoid itself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am interested in doing the same to my kit, because I get annoyed at having to arm my nitrous when I go into second gear. When I spray a 100 shot in 1st, you can only imagine what happens, NO TRACTIoN WHAT SO EVER. I have been thinking about just wiring up an old NOS brand solenoid I had laying around, and trying to reduce voltage to 4.5 or so, then hope that it will actualy spray when I press the new switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.