Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
thats retarded... with n2o you would want to keep stock timing or retard it, while your jet chip is trying to advance your timing. that pretty much spells detonation.

edit: also whats the point of spending money on a chip to advance your timing?

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have a jet chip on my car and I don't think it did anything (RIPOFF). Buy yourself a timing light and retard the timing while jumping the service connector at normal engine temp. I think all the jet chip does is increase your fuel curve a little-thats it. The chip is a scam. Funny how even though I have the chip my timing is advanced already to 19 deg and for the past year I had it that way I didn't detonate with this chip.

·
Registered
935 Posts
yea well people will say some things to improve their sales pitch.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
but i thought we were all talking about using the chip with nitrous. Advances timing spells BAD NEWS with nitrous if anything you want to retard timming depending on the shot

·
Registered
935 Posts
Integ97VTEC: I think you should sell that JET ECU on ebay and make a quick 300 bucks (or more) and buy another GSR ECU thats stock. Then go ahead with your nitrous setup. Did you notice any power gains with that JET chip? I didn't.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with you that the jetchip is a ripoff and no i didnt notice anything different at all, i think im gunna take teggyman's advice and go look for a stock ecu. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts