Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi its just about time i get rid of my old suspension and get something new.. im thinking about getting a set of Zeal Function x coilovers. has anyone had any experiences with these? anyone know the spring rates on them?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
95w_bTEG on Feb/09/06 said:
i heard that they are better than teins
better how?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
teins and zeal are very nice products.. you pay up for either of them..the price from there appears to be around 2150. Perhaps this isn't the one we are talking about.. At that point, it'd be TEIN's and new wheels for my car.. lol..

ripped by me:

''ZEAL Function-Xs Coilover
For the next generation street user, we’ve developed the Function-Xs Series. The Function-Xs is now born. With advanced damping capabilities in effect, our efforts have recently focused towards our new “X-Coil Hyper Spring”. Through consistent and progressive research and experience, we’ve improved spring quality to achieve an even smoother and more responsive feel and ride. The ability to grasp precise road data has improved. The X- Coil spring achieves exactly this. Our Dynamometer Data proves this with stable rebound and compression levels (within a 0.1 Meter Per Second range) for level travel at very low speeds, very high speeds, and everything in between. By keeping very detailed, precision spring motion in mind, we are able to set the shock’s piston valving to superior levels. The combination of the shock and spring is superior. Our Linear Spring Motion with no Friction Loss is superior and the shock can be adjusted precisely (Function-Xs includes 6-Way Damping Adjustability). Lightweight aluminum upper mounts, spring seat preload and spring seat lock, height-adjustable lower brackets and lock seats (for non-strut type applications) include a durable, Alumite finish for rust proof characteristics. Steel shell casing includes a special plating for rust proof characteristics also. Adjustable brackets are newly designed and slender. Driving feel is amazing for the street-user. MacPherson Strut-Type are specifically systems are produced as an inverted-monotube type.''

there's only a street app. for the Intergra. While the IT-R and the rest share the same rate, they aren't the same. Please forgive my math if I miscalculated, but I came out to be 560/336

~P2P

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone know how the lowering adjustability is? i seen these for 1000 used, so im hoping to get them. i know that their reputation is unbeatable u know Zeal/endless...its just a sick as brand.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was looking at gettting some zeals a while back. What i have heard from my mechanics is that they are more of a street setup, not as stiff, but very very good. If you are inclined to drag race they said that they wouldnt get them.

one thing that i very much dislike about the zeals is that they have no auto damping tool. Each shock is adjustable 30 different ways, but you have to pop the hood and do it manually there is no edfc type tool. So if you are driving at level 1 for comfort, and pull up next to someone that wants to race...your sol.

lowering is 1.2"-3" all around.

just check out thier website for more info.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i was thinking of either the flex or these zeals...so your saying that the spring rates are just like the flex or more stiff? im not planning on doing any auto x or anything i just want something that can handle tight turns and be very very responsive...its gonna be used mostly for street and highway driving...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.