Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and my friend where In the garage working on both of our integras and he has only loved his integra . Me on the other hand I have a love hate thing going on please don't take it the wrong way I love my car. I could have already bought something new but I don't want anything else. It just seems to me I am constantly buying new parts and once I have fixed or replaced 1 thing something totally else goes to crap. For example just rebuilt motor top and bottom now my power door locks just stopped working lol but I love my car and guess u will just add it to the list of things that need to be fixed or thing I just want to change. Anyways it will be a dc2 till I die or am to old to get in an out of my lowered integra.. .. ..:driving:
If you ever feel the need to vent about ur car lol I would like to know in not the only 1

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
oh the things weve been through. Angelica and i have been through some pretty rough times. my first year was mostly downtime, then i JDM fronted it, then crashed it right before my bday. its been flooded, busted a timing belt and tons of other crap over the last few years. Ive come to the conclusion that i cant let it go. after you crash something into a tree, drive 750+miles home and fix it all yourself theres just not really a price someone can put on the car. ive learned so much from my integra and gained many skills, and more importantly tons of friends.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I love my baby, but we have our moments. Even now it needs a new trans, A/C switch, power steering makeover, outer tie rods, and some other stuff. And to be even more honest, I hate 99% of the Honda scene because it's diluted with ghetto backyard mechanics who will screw you over in a sale of used parts in a heartbeat. I like the Integra crowd MUCH more than anything else Honda-related. There seems to be a lot more of us who actually do stuff right. Plus the support from the community is awesome. I always tell people, I'm not a Honda fanboy, I'm an Integra fanboy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lowered my baby the other day I think I need a new trailing arm passenger side an a lower control arm in the front the wheels sit to close the rear of the wheel well

·
Registered
14 Posts
I treat her so well, buy her things and at times she's such a ***** to me but when I take her for a ride she knows how to make me happy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
love hate, but worth it.

my teg has a pretty constant stream of problems. but it seems to work out because every time I fix something I uprade. plus it never has cracked under pressure once and I drive the hell outta it. willing to deal with the stupid problems like finding the only store that sells synthetic oil in a bum f&$# town to top off the oil in the middle of a 6 hour road trip at 1030 pm.. piston rings officially toast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My integra is my second car, and the first people have ever told me that its not a pos. I love it, my car needs attention, brakes motor mounts some wiring etc etc. I always feel that no matter what though, my car will get me where i need to be.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I love my Integra, as it holds so much sentimental value to me. Way back when I was in the 5th grade, my uncle bought a DB7, and ever since I have fallen in love with the car. It was the first car that i've ever worked on. Now fast forward to me about to enter college, I bought that same Integra, and it has always been reliable and low maintenance

·
Registered
64 Posts
You never forget your first love, mine was my 98 LS DD. My cinderella, she didn't have much going on for her when I first got her but I threw as much money and name brand parts as my retail job allowed. After a good 2 year run and reliability, I decided to let her go in order to pay for my Type R. So far the ITR is treating me well

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love my car, however my wallet is absolutely against it. I also seem to have the same issue, I fix something then something breaks shortly down the road. I'm about to be done with completely rebuilding a motor for the car because she decided to die while pulling into Road Atlanta. I'm hoping that she will behave for at least a little while after this.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Every time I fix another part, or every time she craps out on me and takes me WEEKS or MONTHS to figure it out and fix it, or every time I modify something on her, I fall deeper in love. At this point I wouldn't sell her based on principal and emotional attachment. Been thru too much together to ever part ways. And soon, I'll have my son and pass her on to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts