Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deciding in which Tire I should get... I need a tire that will survive in the rain; and not only for street summer use. Any feedback from will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Choices:

1)Yokohama Avid H4 (HR)

2)Yokohama AVS ES100 (WR)

3)Yokohama Parada (ZR)

4)Yokohama Parada Spec-2 (VR)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well i have the AVS ES 100. so far i have liked them alot. they stick pretty well and they look good too. there decent in the rain, but they are only a three season tire.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
well the paradas are out. The first ones aren't any good in rain. The spec 2's(I have these ones) are great dry and awesome in rain, BUT not made for sn.......wait your in california?(don't know where in CA riverside is) neverminde about the snow part.

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have the paradas and they suck big time they dont grip for nothing at all
i tookk my car to the track and i was spinning in second gear for at least 5 feet which it really kill me. so iam trying to get the falkens i had them in my first set of rims and i love them they were the top ofl their lines and they were good to mee?
so try anything else exept the paradas>

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got Yokohama Avid H4 205/40/17 and I like them.
They got very good response cuz of thier low profile.
The grip is good too.
They look sharp but not as agressive as parada spec2.
They hold very well in water.
Anyway .. I never pushed my car too far in heavy water condition.
The tread wear is awesome, 360AA, im lowered to about 2 or 3 inches and got negative camber in the front wheels and they still got good inner tread. More than I would ever expect.

So, I think you want these tire if you :

1: Dont give a f**k taking curves at 10-15 km/h more than Parada's cuz pushin your car increase the chance you you never return at home cuz your dead or worst .. return at home without your Teg ;)

2: You want to trade a longer lasting tire against a more grippy tire.

3: Humm, Maybe the price question .. but I didnt got any numbers..

Hope that help,

Kosak =)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have the Avid H4's, and they do fine in light rain, i dont have a problem at all. They look really good and grab even better. here is a pic of the tread, but everything is real dirty

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have H4's right now and I haven't been too impressed. They do really well in the rain but on the stip they don't have the best grip. I chirp my tires all the up into 4th and I spin really bad into second.

I'm a little surprised that others are praising their H4's.

I haven't had any experience with Paradas but I've heard that they have good grip - just don't drive them in the snow or rain.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I too have the paradas and just let me say that i will try another tire company before i try the spec2's but i would if you go parada the go spec 2 cause the first ones suck major ass oh but they do look really cool.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
H4's are all season tire, hence the number 4 in the name for all 4 seasons. I would get some other tire like the ES100 or something.

I just got a new set of Azenis in for my wife's car and it rocks! Better than the Yok A520's that was on there before. And the Azenis has better treadwear rating than the Yoks I replaced. 200 vs 160!

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
yeah from what Ive heard the old paradas sucked.

The new ones dont though

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I'll narrow it again; I was going for the Paradas but now that everyone is giving negative(-) feedback about them, I might consider these tires below ( ES100, Avid H4). Also, the treadwear for the ES100 is 280 and the Avid H4's treadwear is 360, is that a huge diffrence in treadwear? Because the H4's specs are lower than the ES100's meaning that the ES100 tire ratings overpower the handling, dry & wet traction, and ride and noise comfort over the Avid H4's; the only thing holding me back from getting the ES100's is the fact that they have a lower treadwear than the Avid H4's. I just dont want a tire that wont last long. thanks.

1)Yokohama Avid H4 (HR); treadwear: 360

2)Yokohama AVS ES100 (WR ; treadwear: 280

* Note: -Treadwear for Paradas & Parada Spec-2 are 300.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
DOHCGSR on Sep/17/02 said:
I was going for the paradas but now that everyone is giving negative(-) feedback

take off the 1st paradas but not the spec 2's. The old paradas sucked ass, but the new ones don't. The people giving then negative feedback probably had the old ones.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Humm, its a fact that Avid H4 will slightly last longer than ES100.

But, a 280 UTQG rating is still very good too.

Pirelli P7000 are 160 rated treadwear.

I think you'll be happy with either the H4 or the ES100 but buy the ES100 ;)

Next time ill have to buy another set of tires .. ill sacrifice a little longevity for a more agressive SUMMER tire :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have Parada spec 2's..on my 2nd set..not cuz of wear b/c of new rims...I dig em..they work better than my nitto 450, falken ziex, and kumho's...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DOHCGSR on Sep/17/02 said:
Ok I'll narrow it again; I was going for the Paradas(spec-1, not spec-2) but now that everyone is giving negative(-) feedback about them (parada spec-1), I might consider these tires below ( ES100, Avid H4). Also, the treadwear for the ES100 is 280 and the Avid H4's treadwear is 360, is that a huge diffrence in treadwear? Because the the H4's specs are lower than the ES100's meaning that the ES100 tire ratings overpower the handling, dry, wet traction, and also the ride and noise comfort over the Avid H4's; the only thing holding me back from getting the ES100's is the fact that they have a lower treadwear than the Avid H4's. I just dont want a tire that wont last long. thanks.

- Which tire should I get the long lasting (treadwear-360)tire, but good Avid H4's? Or the less lasting (treadwear-280) tire but better handling tire the ES100's??

^ ^^
| ||

----- Re - Edited for easier reading thanks;

·
Registered
112 Posts
Its your choice ..

I think both are good choices for both reason.

But I can tell you that when my Avid H4 will need to be replaced, ill go for a more agressive (ex. ES100) rated summer set of tires just to try and see the difference from my Avid H4.

Just get the ES100 and come here to tell us how you enjoy your new purchase

Kosak

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I had the old Yok A520's and their treadwear rating was 160. I just swapped them out a few days ago for Azenis. I had the Yok A520 for like ages. It really depends on your driving habits.

I'll just get the ES100 from tire rack and rack up a free radio control car from them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts