Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of Yoko es100s off tirerack.com and the guy called me and wanted to make sure I wanted a summer only tire because it snows here occasionally. I still have the XGT4s on and they suck but I get around ok...could the Yokos be any worse? What do you guys think? Keep in mind that it only snows here a few times a year and I get around ok with my XGT4s right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I understand they're not meant for snow but from all of the reviews I've read it seems like they're as good or better than the OEM XGT4s. If I lived in an area where I had to drive in the snow frequently, I wouldn't even be posting this question. I'm just wondering if its worth the price and sacrife of summer performance to get all season tires or a separate set of snow tires when i'll only need them 4-5 times.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i dont think theyll be a problem. they wont be the best in snow, but im sure youll do ok. there good tires, the best ones ive had(ive had dunlop fm901s, toyo fz4s, and the yokos) and since you dont get snow that much youll love them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool...I'm just waiting to be talked into them. I work with a guy who has Teg too and he has some Nittos on his. My front 2 XGT4s are shot and being the dumbass I am I was about to buy 2 more when my co-worker told me to get some Nittos...but then he saw that the Yokos were available and told me to get them. Usually when it snows around here we either get a ton (in which case I can't drive no matter what tires I have), or a few inches, in which case the roads are usually cleared pretty quickly. The only time I have to actually drive with snow on the pavement is when its just starting and there is a dusting to about 2 inches.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had my first snow experience with the es100's yesterday. It wasn't that bad if you took your time and didn't do something stupid (stopping on an incline). Just maintain your momentum and drive careful if you have to. Great tires though, loving my set at the moment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did something stupid and stopped on an incline with my XGT4s about a month ago...I started slowly sliding off the road before my tires gripped at the last second..I figure if I'm used to driving with tires that aren't great right now, then I should be ok with the Yoko 100s if I'm careful.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
i just put mine on last week(yoko avs es 100's) and they did ok with the snow...but i was going about 20 in 2nd(about 2k rpm maybe a little lower)...and hit the gas and it started to spin pretty easy...but i doubt anyone will go around and just do that...but do be safe in the snow with them....Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did the exact same thing on some sleet covered roads a couple of weeks ago and the same thing happened with my michelins, which are supposedly all season tires. I'm just hesitant to go spend another $300+ on tires that I'm only need 5 times a year tops.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.