Team Integra Forums banner

yo its john

2K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  95GSRTT 
#1 ·
hey what up guys. i just started this page. some of you might know me like p.j. randi, ben and nick. i have a red gsr. with neuspeed lowering springs, cold air intake, now greddy exhaust thanks to nick, i have the venom 400, msd ingnition the sci. and i have blue leds. and i have the gay altezza's on. i sold my gsr tails to lonnie or p.j. whichever you guys call him. but umm yea i need some ideas on where to go on my teg. i was thinking of turboing it or all-motor. i have no idea. but leave comments.

#10 ·
wootnaga on Jan/29/06 said:
n/a>fi anyday :)
This is what live by brady lol

Hey what up john glad you like the exhaust go N/A man its the only way to go........ turbo is not a good idea. It will eventually make your motor out of order N/A gets you a practially new motor that is strong and will run for a long time....just think honda makes a motor that will last a really long time what if your ugrade the parts in the motor.....so it lasts even longer than the HoNDA parts and gets you the power....yeah uh N/A baby!

#12 ·
first off welcome to the board. were you and pj the two integra in the chinese gormet parking lot last saturday night. I saw a red one with altezzas and a black one. I have the black type r that was sitting there talking to the kid in the white turboed GSR.

Anyways as i say always first what are your plans for your car. what do you want to do with it. do you wanna track it, autocross, drag, or mix of everything. personally i would say turbo. but thats if you want a fast drag car. it is really hard to build a fast drag n/a car in utah cause of our elevation.

#14 ·
john, dont kit your teg...itz just not worth it i think...ive been through it all...even with lambo doors....kits crack and the fitment sucks on it...save it and work on your motor like you wanted...when im cruising and a kitted teg rolls up, i just know itz slow...haha but when i teg with mugen lips rolls up...im like, "oo0o0 snap!"..itz all up to you...underglow is iiight, itz not as costly as a kit...do you have any pics of your teg?

#16 ·
Screw elevation man who cares what time you get in UT if you want a real time you will hit a lower elevation anyway..Even a turbo teg is going to pull a crapy time in utah at the elevation...so screw that thing about elevtation. Although the turbo tegs will be faster on a quater mile most the time if not all if its a populatiry contest go out and get your body kit turbo your car heck buy a hatch thats what everyone does to there cars.....N/A is not too common now days with imports personally I like the instant power that you have with it and reving high like to 10,000 rpm hah that is great man imagine it power right then. on the streets is where its at you will eat people alive on the streets with your N/A teg if its built right...while they are waiting for there turbo to spool pending on how big the turbo is and if its ball bearing you have all ready burned some rubber and your on to the next car that has a chilling sneeze~!

#17 ·
Well i have to agree with nick on this... N/A is deffenetly the way that i'm going to go... A little this and a little that.. Instant power rather then waiting for it to come... Turbo's are nice and all but not really into that fad... And even if your car is suppose to be faster that don't mean you can drive it that way...

That would go in to explain that cause for a 1.8ltr 4cyl non turbo can and did toast a srt-4 that sneezed a it got pulled on lol.. over and over again.... Not really scared of turbo's used to be but its funny force fed and still chokes...

And all this talk about elevation if you going to use the excuse then make sure you know your facts or else you get slapped in the face by someone like me lol....Clicky Clickty Click

#18 ·
ok first off i never said that only n/a struggles at this elevation. i just said it struggles the most. Type R's at seal level run 14.7 stock. in utah. 15.8. Si's at sea level. 15.8's. here 17.1's. GSR's. Sea level. 15.5. here 16.8's. My friends Civic when he was running His GSR swap n/a ran a 14.3 in Vegas. here he didn't break 15.1. Thats almost a second difference in every example. However of all the turboed cars i've seen run here and in Vegas the difference in there times are with .3 seconds. Elevation is the Key reason a lot of people don't build N/A cars in utah. If you do want a quick street car. then yea go n/a. if you want a fast car go turbo. thats all there is to it. Have any of you heard of a supercharger ether? I freaken love mine. My car pulls like a V8. it has the N/A feel but powered by Forced Induction. Its not the quickest thing on the street. but it does what i want it to do.

I don't want to start any arguement here. i'm just pointing out facts. When it all comes down to it you do what you want to your car. I personally like the corners and turns. others like strait lines. while others like show. be original with your car and do what you want.

#19 ·
Teknik_Type_R on Jan/29/06 said:
Anyways as i say always first what are your plans for your car. what do you want to do with it. do you wanna track it, autocross, drag, or mix of everything. personally i would say turbo. but thats if you want a fast drag car. it is really hard to build a fast drag n/a car in utah cause of our elevation.
yah, i agree with Jeff on this on. Me personally i'd go with FI. BTW Jeff, my mechanic is gonna give me some of the DSM 450cc injectors, thanks anyways though.

#21 ·
alright well first off p.j. lied about the body kit and underglow. its ricey. and about the elevation jeff thats wrong. my stock gsr did 16.175. and p.j. was there to witness. i think i raced a oz rally edition lancer. lol it was slow as heck it ran a 19 somthing. but yea all motor sounds good and a heck of alot cheaper for maintenence and stuff.

#23 ·
oh and by the way. heres the link to NHRA's elevation correction factor for Stock and Super Stock cars. AKA. they are N/A and can't use Forced Induction. I got it off honda-tech where there is much info on why Elevation beats up on N/A cars so bad. and not so much on forced induction. even the corretion factor on NHRA's website says to devide it in half for forced induction cars.

Elevation Correction Factor

#24 ·
Well first of all isaac you little girl tuck tail and run with jeff...
And second of all i don't really care to much about how much the elevation would change my cars time... I have had an idea lately... I was thinking since that we are all bored enough to argue on these dang forums... about which one is faster etc etc...

And we have nothing else to do .. I think we should split up into two catagory's the Forced Induction one we will call " Team Cold" for you peeps that have cars that have cold's and sneeze all the time... (jeff your car weezez).... And "Team fever" for all us All motor monkeys ....

I think it will be split even pretty much and think it would be fun...

Both teams have compatitions.. on speed traps street speed and RMR..... Show, Design, And creativeness...

So Stat your name and what Team your on... After choosing a team you are expected to represent them to the fullest... Good luck You Cold Biatch's lol Let me know what you guys think...
AND i know my car was and is a factory freaklol but hay she has feelings to ... you remember that! lol and she is coming back for more ~Senoir~ lol Peace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.