Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a lot of these posts latley, so I figured, Hey why not 1 more. I was nailed in the front end today by a truck running a stupid red light. Will take some pics and post tonight. Crap, hoping car isn't totalled, as then I won't be able to take the teggy up to a million kms like I wanted to. If it is totalled will probably be getting an RSX, but I don't really want one, but I figure it doesn't pay to buy used, unless it is a crappy domestic which I will never do, due to the fact Japenese cars don't depreciate that much. Anyways, the driver side front is pushed in, headlight broken, front nose is pushed in and ripped in half a bit, and the hood looks like a ripple chip. Can't open the hood, so can't really tell how much is bent inside. Thinking the frame may be bent a little, but still seems to drive ok. If I can swing a deal, gonna maybe get a bomex front, and painted SSBP

·
Registered
883 Posts
dude i was about to be a victim to that about a month ago... some bastard ran the red light, god thing i didnt move any more forward cause i know it would of killed me.. stupid guy was driving at 50+ mph. still makes shaken up when i think about it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm, I have pics downloaded to my computer now, but team-integra has errors when trying to click on pic to upload in profile.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ahh yea I got hit by some dumb ass hit and run driver lady in a big piece of crap volvo other day...hmm someone mentioned 2100 in vandalism? Damn what happened there and where did you park it? Sorry to hear about that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are the pics, the other side is rippled as well. Thanks for the photobucket tip.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
mmmm JDM conversion time?? guess thats the only positive thing i can say right now. wow man thats painful to look at

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Naw, I am not into the JDM conversion thing. Usually don't like to vary the looks of my baby, but I admit I do love that Bomex front kit. Without the side shirts and back I am guessing it would look dumb though. I had a Gen 2 Integra with the JDM'ish (long rectangular)lights, and when I got my Gen 3, loved the looks of the lights, that I don't wanna change them, Now if I end up getting the RSX, if there is a Gen 3 front end conversion, I'd gladly do it.

Besides being from Canada, if you look, our cars are actually different from the ones in the US. I looked and the ones up here are actually built in Japan, not in the US plant, therefore I guess it already is JDM :p And when I went to Acura to get my ITR rear sway bar, it was shipped to me straight from Japan.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Doesnt look totalled from those pics man. I wrecked my LS a lot worse than that! I really doubt its totalled, did your airbags go off? If they did then its likley that it is totalled but if not they it probably isnt. Good luck man tell us how everything goes with the insurance.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, I should know more tommorrow. The only thing I am worried about that may lead to car being totalled is how the frame held up. The pics don't show very well, but looking in the gap between the hood looks like a bit is bent up on inside as well. Well crossing my fingers. Also don't know if insurance takes milage on car as factor to how much its worth and thus easier to total. My car is a 99 and WAS in perfect shape, body and engine, but has 325,000 kms on it (over 200,000 miles) not sure how that will account in big picture. And to think 2 mins before the accident I was at Acura paying for over $500 of repairs on her to help keep her in perfect shape.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually at the 200,000 mile mark my wheel bearing and idler pulley started making noise, and my aftermarket cruise was on the fritz.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts