Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered some yellow headlight bulbs instead of super white or blue, i wanted somethin a little different, anyone else have these type of bulbs, ive only seen one car here in florida with these bulbs and it waz a civic hatch, it looked cool and their dot approved.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I bought a set of Polarg pure yellow bulbs from inlinefour, but the vision on them is very poor and I'm going to get some HID'S here soon, most likely in pure white like 4300k. Good luck they do give you that racing car look at night like the 24hr cars at daytona, but like I said they give you poor vision. JMO.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Jesh, why on earth would you want to do this? Yellow bulbs makes everything look like crappy photos from the 1970s :)

I'm very happy with my PIAA SuperWhites. I have them for high and low beams. These bulbs only seem to last 16 months before they need replacing (at $39.00 per), but they're worth it--the crisp clear light rules.

However, I do think that yellow lenses on fog lights are useful (if you're in fog/snow/rain area).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, you might not want to do this. Just last wednesday I got a fix-em ticket for having yellow head lights. Just like you I wanted something different and figured I would try them. According to the officer, France is the only country that allows yellow head lights. Who knew?

·
Registered
938 Posts

can be bought here at Midnightmoose.com

I did the 9006 conversion in my highbeam housings.

They light up everything at night!!!!
the only problem I have found with them so far at night...is on freshly paved black top roads.
the black absorbs the yellow and doesn't reflect the light well at all.

My boy Matt( 01silverls on ti.net )has the highbeams gold and just installed the same Yellows in his lowbeam projectors, it looks SICK!!!
He has a silver integra with black rota Slips, The Yellow light makes his car so sleek and very mean looking.
I'll prolly see him later this evening, I'll get some pics of his Teg. with the yellows lite up for ya....

this was taken a few months ago, Matt's silver Teg. with the gold/yellow highs on....

So far...neither of us have been pulled over for the lights, and we live in a highly patroled area
I guess it all depends on your area.

just keep your stock bulbs in the glove box if you feel like you may get pulled over.
show the cop the yellows are DOT approved. If he still haggles you.....just whip out the stocks and offer to replace them on site.
That's what matt has planed.

we want pics when you install them!!!

-Jeff

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well...I got Matt over here for some pics.
I wanted to capture the true gold of the bulbs in the low beams, But it's still to light outside and they just shine dull until darkness falls.
You can maybe get the idea though from the few pics below.
They will shine a true deep dark gold in the lowbeams at night, I'm sure you'll like you're set when you get a chance to install and test them out.

Now...WE WANT PICS when you get your yellows installed. Huh

Hope I helped
-Jeff

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i'll get some pics up when i get them, i ordered them friday so it will be about a week

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I've read that too. But why then do the race cars use them? For looks? I'm not trying to start sh!t, I just wanna understand.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Perhaps my headlamp bulbs article will offer some insight.

Along those lines is my HID lighting article.

Here's your answer though: it's not that yellow DOESN'T work, it just isn't really any better than a standard bulb. It's more for show than anything else.

Just remember, when it comes to visibility, lumens are king (not color temperature). This is why HID lighting makes such a huge difference...more than 3x the light is being thrown onto the road (the white color makes little difference).

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
So why is it used in racing? Looks? I'm still curious to why they use them. Why wouldn't they use a hid system? I'm just trying to learn.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts