Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my first mistake was buying yellow H3's for my JDM fogs not relising that it wasn't the bulb that makes the color but yet the yellow housing.
My consern is that the H3's I bought say 55w-130w, so im wondering what is the acually wattage because i know its dangerous if i use anything more than a 55w bulb.I checked the web site i got them from and they advertise them as-
Act. Watt:12V/55w
Proj. Watt:130w
What does this acually mean.Also how do you think the fogs will look with yellow bulb and plastic cover.Anybody using YELLOW BULBS in there jdm fog's.
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
697 Posts
it means it uses 55w but projects light as if it were a 130w bulb basically industry uses this in the new halogen bulbs that are now making there way into homes saving everyone alittle bling blow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What brand bulbs did you get DarksideGSR. I am ordering some MTEK yellow ion crystal for my US spec headlights from ebay - u think its worth it?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Depending on the brand, they will be fine in the headlight assembly. Stay clear of the cheaper brands, they tend to burn hotter and blow out much quicker. Anything more than 55 watt (actual wattage) will melt the housing. Also, do you drive with your fogs on constantly? Did you rewire the fogs so they turn on independently? If you did, then make sure they are not more powerful than 55watts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.