Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey T-I, long time reader of these forums but one of my first posts.

Recently I purchased Xtreme HID from XenonDepot since they stated they aren't selling the XenonDepot 4300k HID's anymore with the phillips bulbs/ballasts. I'm trying to install them on my 97 GSR but neither bulbs are firing up.

After reviewing their manual here and following the instructions, neither bulb comes up.

Was just wondering what the positive lead to battery meant, does it mean the + area on the battery itself or anywhere on the car where there is a constant + instead of a switched +?

Its basically the same kit being installed
Also, any links or tips would be appreciated.here
except on another car.

Any links to how-tos, do it yourselves, or tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
904 Posts
yes the + is the positive on the battery (red) try hooking the red wire to the positive on the battery and the black to the negative and see if the bulbs come on. If they do, you more than likely have a blown fuse. Try putting a stock bulb back in and see if that works. If so then the problem is actually in the kit and not the car

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the harness connector's prongs to the stock power wasn't wide enough. My roommate and I fixed that, and now its working -- looks great! At least 2x the light output, and about 3-4 foot more viewing distance. The two lane ave is illuminated, rather than just half. Cutoff is great.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Oct/06/07 said:
Cutoff is more a factor of your headlamps than the HID kit. I've been saying for years that the stock headlamps are quite good and can handle HIDs without much (if any) glare.
I agree, I have seen many integras including my own with pnp kits where they look just as good as if it came that way from the factory. Minimal glare, and to be honest the cutoff line is pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Wuznup101 on Oct/06/07 said:
Quote: TheGSRGuy on Oct/06/07Cutoff is more a factor of your headlamps than the HID kit. I've been saying for years that the stock headlamps are quite good and can handle HIDs without much (if any) glare.

I agree, I have seen many integras including my own with pnp kits where they look just as good as if it came that way from the factory. Minimal glare, and to be honest the cutoff line is pretty damn nice.
+3, when I installed my PNP kit, I did so with the intention of doing a projector retrofit soon after. I was pleasantly surprised with the light output, and never wound up doing it.

I'm sure a retrofit would yield even better results, but the stock halogen projectors do quite well.

-Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.