Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a WW type 1 kit on my gen 3 teg and that thing sits too freakin low!!! i only have a 2" drop and its scrapin all over the place! aiite, i just wanted to vent!

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah, i know what you mean.... i have the WW type 2 kit with a 2" drop, and every driveway and lil' dip in the road i scrape on....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have suspension technique springs. and im on stock SE rims... i think its time for a new kit... cuz if i raise a lil higher... it wont look rite... oh wells..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Haha. imdopenbed you must have $$$ cause entire kits don't run cheap. Hehem... what color is your WW kit? If it's white I might be interested. Probably sideskirts and rear lip... you have pictures???

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Ya i just lowered my teg finally and its about 2.5 in drop. I also have the WW type 2 kit and the last couple of days ive scraped a few times. It sux.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Thats the unfortunet side effect of having a nice looking kit, and a nice looking drop :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Another alternative is to put bigger rims and tires on your car, that way it raises yyour car a little bit. And another thing progress and suspension techniques have the lowest drop out of all the lowering springs next to Intrax 3 in drop. So maybe bigger rims and tires might just be the solution.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What rims are all you guys riding on with these kits. If you are riding on the stockies, you are gonna scrape. It is inevitable. I have a wings west side and rear skirts and a vis front bumper with a 3" drop, but, and this is a big BUT, I have 18" wheels which raises up your car. These small wheels aren't gonna cut it when it comes to the kits. I scrape, yeah, hell yeah, I am like 4" off the floor with the front bumper, but if you watch what your doing and be careful it can most likely be avoided. Before I go, just one thing, don't get rid of your kits, just get some dope a$$ big wheels!!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
DOHCGSR on Sep/26/02 said:
Another alternative is to put bigger rims and tires on your car, that way it raises yyour car a little bit. And another thing progress and suspension techniques have the lowest drop out of all the lowering springs next to Intrax 3 in drop. So maybe bigger rims and tires might just be the solution.
With a drop like that, if you add bigger wheels/tires, you might risk rubbing. Also you have to get your speedometer recalibrated as the larger wheels throw off the ratio slightly. Just raise it up a bit. Would you have a little more wheel gap, or have your kit get f'ed up? New springs $300... new wheels... $1000... new kit $800... yo' mama... $priceless.
Look at it that way. new springs would be the cheapest and best route to take. an yo' mama will be happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey sup!
i have question
i have 2001 gsr and has tein suspension kit.
and i was wonder which size it better??
is 18 * 7.5 okay or 17 * 7.5 ? would it scratch?
if you please email me!
thank you

·
Registered
187 Posts
i"ve got 17" enkie rims and i rarely scrape my ww kit.you can check my pics in the pics section under kimo's ride. btw i have a 2.25" drop.

·
Registered
359 Posts
ohh crap all u guys got like over a 2 inch drop and ur complaning bout scarping..
i have h&R race springs w/ my stock 14's
and i'm already complaning bout it being tooooooo low

dang soo i should get a slightly bigger set of rims?

i want the GSR blades....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have the same kit and dropped w/ eibach springs...about a 1.6" drop...and I really only scrape the front lip, but it usually my driveway because its so damn steep. I know what you mean!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have 18's on my teg and it is lowered 3". Used to scrape till I folded the lip, now its all good. Now no one take this the wrong way, but I dont get why you all are putting these nice body kits on your cars and then leaving the stock wheels on it. To me that is almost Ricing, I don't mean to put anyone down but either you go for looks, speed or both, but that's just my $.02 and that's all I got to say about that!!!

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
ur complaining
i have a 2.5inch drop and im this low

u just gotta learn how 2 drive with it on. i hardly scrap now

·
Registered
351 Posts
justYncredible on Oct/07/02 said:
ur complaining
i have a 2.5inch drop and im this low

u just gotta learn how 2 drive with it on. i hardly scrap now
God damn..... hahahah i though my front clearence was bad...(1.7 drop w/ ww rs II kit 15"rims...) your front cleanrence is like my side skirts i can bearly fit the front of my shoes through.. good thing i decided not to mold my front lip to the bumper...:) its a pain in the BUTT to angle all the time.. but its all worth IT!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
how do you guys figure bigger wheels will help? with bigger wheels you need smaller tires or the wheel will hit the fender well if they have a big drop like you say. I have a 2 inch drop and a WW type W kit. i can switch back and forth from my stock gsr rims and my 17's.

You just have to learn how to drive again. take bumps at angles and drive real slow. Learn where dips and pot holes are in the road and go around them. Its tough at first but worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts