Team Integra Forums banner

861 - 877 of 877 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
i shall return with all my glory and stories!

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
the motor is coming out again because...sleeves

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME!

im having to pull my motor out due to water lose from my sleeves not sitting right. after talking to Laskey racing and ERL, all im starting to hear is one person pointing the finger at the other. but i have to side with laskey tbh. mike had explained to me (and it make sense) that sleeves should never drop and or need to be pressed more after they are installed. erl on the other hand is saying that laskey didnt use...scratch that ill just post what they said in an email to me.

Justin,

I have received some feedback from my tech about your issue after they have reviewed your videos and images. It looks like the block was decked without torque plating prior to decking. This would have made the sleeves drop once you torque down the head explaining the sealing issue.
To fix this issue you will need to torque plate down the sleeves only using a spacer. Once the sleeves are down then you can deck the block to match the sleeves.

I hope this helps.

Thank you -

Andres Vivanco
812.945.3434 Direct

the thing is my engine builder called ERL to let them know that there sleeves were sitting high, and this after they put a head on it and placed it in an oven to see if they would drop.

long story short, i have to send my bare block to erl so they can fix this issue but it wont be under warranty since im not the original owner. technically i am because i bought it from my tuner which owns the shop i bought it from.

(question: im thinking about doing a vlog style for this page since i dont like typing as much as i use to. what do you guys think?)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
(question: im thinking about doing a vlog style for this page since i dont like typing as much as i use to. what do you guys think?)
I dig your video updates and all but they come short in one BIG area: search-ability. This thread shows up on some searches for various engine build terms, all that would be lost if you ceased to type

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #868
I dig your video updates and all but they come short in one BIG area: search-ability. This thread shows up on some searches for various engine build terms, all that would be lost if you ceased to type
cool cool, thanks for the response ill dabble in both but mostly type out whats going on. the next video i do should be the car running lmao!

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #870
Progress Report

so...
i finally got around to pulling my engine out of my car this weekend and disassembling the entire motor as well. i plan on shipping it out to ERL tomorrow or Tuesday of this week. im hoping they fix the problem because the oil did look like chocolate milk coming out

there are some things i want to purchase while this block is being shipped but i think itll be wise to just wait until they work on it to then decide what i need. but these are things i do have in mind:
-Insane Axles
-Replacing headgasket...again!
- new bearings
-driver motor mount
-transmission mount

im also thinking about having my transmission examine again. when i drive in 2nd gear i get this clanking noise coming from it and im unsure as to what it could be. well anyways, thats all i have for today.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #873

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #874
so yeah its been a long time since ive updated this topic but to be honest its nothing to update instead of the headaches ive been experiencing. ill explain everything in a video i plan on putting together and releasing hopefully this summer.

since my motor is down and getting re-rebuilt i went ahead and had my ramhorn manifold get heat treatment. (this is not a sticker)

the process:
the manifold has two coats of treatment, just in case you were wondering. the base is a silver ceramic coating, but i wanted to make it more custom to me. we went ahead a placed the vinyl sticker on the manifold and then went over the manifold with the satin black. imJGott is combination of my first initial and half of my last name (Justyn Gottlieb). the manifold looks really good in person and i hope (which it should) reduce ambient heat coming from the manifold.

there will be more to come this month and the next, because i do plan on getting this car on the road by March.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #875
man...its been a while...
a lot, i mean A LOT has happen with this build in terms of motors. details will come later today (Monday)

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #876
update:
im starting to see smoke between shifts at high rpm on my teg so this thx giving i plan on changing the valve stems to try and correct this. my valve stem may have been damaged from the previous motor having water mix with oil.
the next thing i have to do is still figure out why my fuel sending unit isnt working right after i did the relay DIY for my fuel pump. with that being said i need to figure out why my car keeps dying!!!! its almost to the point to where im scared to drive it because i dont want it to die on me at a stop light. its just strange the things ive been experiencing since my motor blow the first time 3 years ago...yeah its been that long.

861 - 877 of 877 Posts