Team Integra Forums banner
841 - 860 of 877 Posts
Discussion starter · #843 ·
@MorningZ
im using the 94-95 water pipe, is the threaded screw/bolt on the block can be removed? can i put 2 nuts on there and just unscrew it?

Discussion starter · #845 ·
ok i think my extra block is a 96+ ill look on there first to see if it is.

Discussion starter · #847 ·
Discussion starter · #848 ·
its been awhile since i updated this log
lately ive been struggling trying to find out where my coolant is going. i checked the block and notice the fitting behind the block i have running from my 95 water pipe going into my 96+gsr block has a little residue. seeing that i forgot to put teflon on the fitting i drained the system and added the teflon to fix the issue.

refilled the block and continued to burp it and allow all the bubbles to leave. checked everything to see if i had any leaks anywhere and none could be seen. later i checked the oil and spark plugs and all are fine. oil looks new, even after 3k miles, the plugs have a brownish look to them. i probably have to throw a pressure tester on the system but my local parts store doesnt have one that fits my car, well there adapters dont fit the radiator. i seriously doubt im leaking from the water pump because i dont have any signs of a leak near it nor do i have anything on the ground showing the location. does anyone have an idea as what is going on?

Discussion starter · #849 ·
geez this hasnt been updated in a LOOOOONG time. i have some things boiling up, wondering if i should type it up or just do a video to update everyone

Discussion starter · #851 ·
video update seems easier for me although itll take more time to upload due to my upload speed uverse has granted me :(

Discussion starter · #853 ·
Well I can't say that just yet because I don't have it all put back together. But I'll most likely post an update video today, just need to find out how I'm going to setup the video. I normally do gameplay commentary but this is a little different lol!

Reactions: NOETICNORMY
Discussion starter · #854 · (Edited)
im to lazy to type it out so here is a video. enjoy

Nice video update! I think we should have these more often on the site. Yeah some pics and a couple paragraphs get the update across but a video just seems so much better!

Did you use the ARP lube stuff when torquing down the head last time? Can wait to see some videos of this thing in action!

I cant remember but did you ever get it fully tuned since the rebuild?

OK seriously.... this site has been up and running going on 15 years now and I say will 100% conviction, that was the best post EVER !! I've never seen anyone do anything even remotely close to something like that

Discussion starter · #857 ·
Nice video update! I think we should have these more often on the site. Yeah some pics and a couple paragraphs get the update across but a video just seems so much better!

Did you use the ARP lube stuff when torquing down the head last time? Can wait to see some videos of this thing in action!

I cant remember but did you ever get it fully tuned since the rebuild?
thanks for the compliments!
yeah i used the arp lube that came with head bolts but with an object moving while trying to achieve torque isnt ideal. i can do another update when everything is up and running but i want to try and make a movie trailer of some sort for this mini documentary ive been wanting to do.

my motor produced 390whp on 10lbs on a 104 degree summer day. the reason for this is i wanted to be there for the full tune and my tuner just basically got it running because he was going out of town for a show and needed me to pick it up to allow more space at his shop. my turbo engineer tells me that the turbo is just waking up at 10lbs, so there is more to come out of it when i go back.

plans are:
get the most i can off pump gas
go back later this year to get tuned on race gas with a bigger pump and intercooler.

Discussion starter · #858 ·
OK seriously.... this site has been up and running going on 15 years now and I say will 100% conviction, that was the best post EVER !! I've never seen anyone do anything even remotely close to something like that
thanks a lot my man, it means a lot

Reactions: MorningZ
841 - 860 of 877 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.