Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't get it. I've never curbed a rim before. It seems every set of rims you see (especially fat fives) are just curbed up all to hell. Am I just super gifted as far as parking is concerned? Is there some unknown force that is not present in my area?

WHY DOES EVERYoNE HAVE TO ABUSE THEIR POOR FREAKIN RIMS?

The Cheat says there are no excuses for curbed rims...

ARRRRRRRRRR!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I try to keep my rims away from the crub, a good one foot + away from curbs, but i remember i let my roo mate drive my car and park it at my Girlfreinds house ( gf at the time ) and damn he scrached the hell out of my 17's i almost died, i went back and moved the car away from the curb a good foot or more. Seriously people need to respect the rims on our cars.

·
Registered
910 Posts
they just happen. i think i touched off 3 or 4 of my rims right now. there not so bad cause i got some bigger tires but i blame a girl named JOANNA. she distracted me

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Some tires have 'rim protectors' -- strips of rubber that take the beating instead of your wheels.

Then there are people who are stupid any buy wheels with thick lips that stick out. Those will get damaged very easily. In fact, the GS-R 'blade' wheels have a lip that sticks out -- mine have some curb rash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hate to say it but, I think its DRIVER ERROR!!!

People who curb there rims is because there is not enough air pressure in the tire, especially with low profiles like mine. 205/40/16s I always try and check my air pressure at least once a month if not every three weeks.

If there is not enough tire pressure then, the side walls are weak enough so that when you go over a pot hole it will actually bang the through the tire and on to the rim. The end result are curbed rims. Not scratches....the actual rim is warped. You can tell a rim is curbed from the inside of the mag when you take it off your car. It is actually bent inside. You can't really tell when its on your car and looking at it from the outside.

Especially if your car is lowered and with hard shocks and springs, the impact will be harsh enough on the mags that the mag will be warped with low tire pressure.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I havent curbed my rims yet but i have done the above. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Potholes suck. My rims are all bent up cause of hitting potholes.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I work at a car wash and there is roller the car has to be driven onto to get it on the conveyor...and since its a tite fit for the wheels specially a truck if its a crappy driver drivin it on we get scratched rims....this girl cracked 2 wheel covers, scratched an AUDI TTS rim and put a car into the back of a car(she was learning stick lol)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO CHANGE 282828's SIGNATURE! THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY THREAD HE POSTS IN, AFTER HIS POST EVERYTHING IS IN HIS SIGNATURE. 282828, IF YOU READ THIS BEFORE A MOD, PLEASE DELETE OR FIX YOUR SIGNATURE. THANK YOU!

Back on topic, I blame it on wanting to avoid door dings. Or constantly parallel parking. I've curbed my rear passenger side twice (lightly) and my from passenger side once (also lightly). The rear was from parallel parking twice a day on campus into spots with people over the line. The other is from the desire to avoid door dings, by getting all up on the curb (median) making yourself as far away from the person parking to the side of you as possible,

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
ImportObsession on Feb/01/04 said:
SOMEBODY NEEDS TO CHANGE 282828's SIGNATURE! THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY THREAD HE POSTS IN, AFTER HIS POST EVERYTHING IS IN HIS SIGNATURE. 282828, IF YOU READ THIS BEFORE A MOD, PLEASE DELETE OR FIX YOUR SIGNATURE. THANK YOU!
i got it.... he didn't have a closing "img" tag

as for curbed rimes, i guess everyone isn't as skilled a driver as art is... i for one recently "curbed" a rim because i was leaving the vet, where they almost killed my cat with a heat stroke, and i wasn't clearly thinking while pulling out of my tight spot i was in.... guess i'm human

·
Registered
535 Posts
this one time, i parked about an inch away from the curb at wall-mart. as i was pulling out i forgot how close to the curb i was... it happens

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
it just comes down to situations you put yourself in thats all. i never curbed any rims in my 11yrs of driving. i always wondered whats up with all the curbing..but i have to realize that i park way in BFE and that i dont take my car out to certain places everyone would. for example, if your a fast food guy, you'll have more of a chance to curb, i almost did it the other day just by pulling in fast and trying to get as close as i could to the window cause it was freakin -10 degrees outside. plus most people park on streets and therefore have a better chance of curbing then for those that are fortunate enough to have a garage. but i can see why there's so much curbing going on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've curbed once since i started driving. I'm surprised I haven't curbed more considering how much I need to parallel park on busy streets.

Of course, I, like 90% of the population, consider myself an above average driver...

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I bought my car used, it was an Acura dealer owned car, guessing that means loaner. Every damn rim was curbed. All the way around.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I think location has alot to do with it. Where i live in NJ people rarely have to parallel park anywhere. But when im in Philly or a surrounding city, i think the chance of curbage is way higher. Where i live basically all places have a parking lot and all you have to worry about avoiding is other cars.
But the only time ive ever curbed my rim was when i was turning onto a backstreet and the lady making a left out of it was in the center of the road, so i had to cut the turn close, and i slightly rubbed one on the inner curb. Other than that..no problems, although drive-thru's do suck.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I havent curbed a rim yet, but hey you never know, it's bound to happen sooner or later. B.T.W. Art you have waaay too much time on your hands. You Freeky deeky cat dresser upper.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts