Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for stock side skirts for the type r. i have a project in mind. no, im not talking about the oem optional side skirts. just the the stock type r straight ones. yes, they must be off a type r. yes, there is a diffrence between the type r's and gs-r,gs,ls,rs...

pm or post in here doesnt matter. thanks dudes and duddettes

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahem, the diffrence is... in the rear of the type r it is more square and it matches up better with the body. if you look on ours, our "regular" side skirts not type r's, youll see its a lil shorter than the body and rounded. type r's are sqaure... education for the brain. now its your job to go search for pics and go, "ohhh, now i see the diffrence, and there's threads on this too!!"...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There is a difference. The Optional flare up at the ends toward to the rear wheels. The type r ones are similar to stock but are made out of urethane and painted to match the car. They do not have that additional flare at the end. Look at pics people and you will see the difference.

But...correct me if im wrong. I believe the 2001 Type R's did have that flare at the end. It was from 97 to something that did not.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahaha.. diamond, the discrepancy is not about the optional side skirts. It is between the stock type r sides and the gs-r, gs, ls, and rs stock sides. NOT optional... the optional side skirts are irrelevent...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
deejaycherub on Apr/16/04 said:
ahaha.. diamond, the discrepancy is not about the optional side skirts. It is between the stock type r sides and the gs-r, gs, ls, and rs stock sides. NOT optional... the optional side skirts are irrelevent...
Fine...this is too deep for me. All I know is I have a gsr w/ full optional side kit and im happy. Good luck with whatever...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
deejaycherub on Apr/16/04 said:
I dunno if you are just stuck on your beliefs or you are talking about something way beyond space and mind.....but.....

Red Integra, factory OEM optional side skirts
Yellow Integra Type R, OEM ITR side skirts

·
Registered
845 Posts
DiamondSounds on Apr/16/04 said:
But...correct me if im wrong. I believe the 2001 Type R's did have that flare at the end. It was from 97 to something that did not.
The 2001's do not have the flare on the end.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
omg! i guess i will have to find pics and prove it. i would think the majority of people know this by now... hold onnn...

·
Registered
464 Posts

maybe it's just my eyes... the type r looks like its angled just barely at the back part. but the difference is hardly even noticable. back the the original topic, why not just paint the side skirts yourself? the stock skirt is like 98% identical and you'll also save yourself some money.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
They are the same sides. Think about it for one minute. Do you honestly think Honda is going to change the stock sides for 1 year. I don't think so. If you really must know if they are different then call Acura and find out. If they are the same the part #'s will be the same, just as if they are different the part #'s will be too. Jesh is anyone doing some type of logical thinking around here anymore?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
compare and educte yourselves (the ones that don't know the diffrence...

feels good to be right, i was starting to doubt it myself... ahaha.. good thing i didn't... so now you know...

theres a costom project that im thinkin of doin which involves cuttin these... the type r sides are clearly the better choice for fitament...

i cant seem to reply. i know it's not a noticable diffrence, but im a perfectionist and either way i will have an extra pair if i screw up this project...

using my stock ls ones means more modification... means i have to cut it vertically in addition to my horizontal cut. = more work = more chance of screw up... get it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
i think the non-type r ones look like they fit better and are cut to a better length. I say paint them and get a better result than going with the type r ones

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.