Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looking at my turbo exhaust system options I'm realizing that there are not many out there outside of the custom route. I'd want to take advantage of the Twin Loop mainly for its Sound Suppression and of course it's Performance Design but I can't find a 3 inch width.
OBX is out of the question for size and quality

Mugen is out of my price range
(even though I don't know its size).
Hytech is a trustworthy name but only come in 2.5" sizing.
Where do I go from here?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Thermal makes turbo exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
they can't make a 3" twinloop simply cause there isn't room for the piping for the muffler and still fit halfway decent

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me make myself more clear...I know about Thermal's turbo exhaust...I know about Custom Exhausts...I know about Twin-Loop Mufflers and how they work...but I don't know anything about the existence of 3" Twin-Loop Mufflers.

So once again...Where can I buy a 3" Twin-Loop Muffler?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
white_rice on Mar/18/04 said:
Try contacting hytech and see if they can custom make you a 3" twin loop.
Last I talked to them they said 2.5 only...unless something changed in the last month. I'll guess I can give it another shot.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Try contacting hytech and see if they can custom make you a 3" twin loop.
I was just talking to him on this. There isn't enough room to do this. The biggest he can do is 2 3/4".

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Try contacting Dave over at SMSP. His board name here is SMSP as well as over at Honda-Tech. I'm not sure that he does Twin-loop's as he might disagree with the performance aspect of it, but I have a custom exhaust system for my current all-motor setup that is quiet for what it is.

I myself will be looking for a quiet muffler for my new and upcoming project.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted Dave through email (His PM box is mad full!) Does he have a website or something to look at?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I may be way off on this, but if your turbo and u run straight pipe with a nice goodsized resonator. Aren't you pretty quiet just with that and the 3" all the way down..?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NtegraDryvr on Mar/18/04 said:
I may be way off on this, but if your turbo and u run straight pipe with a nice goodsized resonator. Aren't you pretty quiet just with that and the 3" all the way down..?
It's true that the turbo will absorb some of the sound. If worse comes to worse I'm gonna run the setup you mentioned including a cat, but if I can find a 3" twin loop I'd like to go with that. The quieter the better for me...as long as it doesn't kill performance.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
That sucks that there isn't enough room for a 3" twin loop. I was hoping to get/find one when I go FI this summer. Oh well... Next best thing is a 3" with a nice long resonator, carsound hi-flow cat, and straight-through muffler. That matched with the turbo should make a quiet exhaust.

Hakamoto on Mar/18/04 said:
You won't find a 3" twin-loop muffler, but if you're looking for a relatively quiet, free flowing muffler, buy a flowmaster.
Keep in mind that some flowmasters are chambered. For performance, straight-through it best.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep in mind that some flowmasters are chambered. For performance, straight-through it best.

I hear ya. I woouldn't consider flowmaster.

Quote: Hakamoto on Mar/18/04 ...if you're looking for a relatively quiet, free flowing muffler, buy a flowmaster.
No offense to you Hakamoto but that line sounds like it was taken from the Flowmaster commercial verbatim. I watch a lot of Speed Channel, I know stuff like that!

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
aalb1 on Mar/18/04 said:
Quote: Hakamoto on Mar/18/04 ...if you're looking for a relatively quiet, free flowing muffler, buy a flowmaster. No offense to you Hokamoto but that line sounds like it was taken from the Flowmaster commercial verbatim. I watch a lot of Speed Channel, I know stuff like that!
First it's Hakamoto, not Hokamoto, second I don't watch much TV I have better things to do with my time. Lastly Sound vs performance will always be a trade off, especially if he wants his exhaust to be 3" all the way through. Flowmaster makes quiet mufflers in diameters above 2 3/4". I'm not sure if they have a 4 inch muffler, but I could've sworn they had one on an old 69 camaro drag car, that would probably outflow if not flow just as much air as a 3" twinloop. Is that better?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hakamoto:
once again...No Offense...after all I think I accused myself of watching too much TV not yourself. Anyway a 3" straight-through perforated core would be a better fit in keeping up the flow velocity. A 4" flowmaster with its chambers can cause inconsistent flow velocity.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I understand that a chambered muffler won't work as well as a straigh through, I'm well aware of flow velocity/quantity/quality. I don't want to start an argument, I'm just offering the thread starter other options. Like I said originally the sound vs performance will be a trade off in your setup.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts