Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Im not going to explain what happened, just know that my back left bumper was clipped somewhat hard (in cases of being clipped) I was hapy however, thinkin hey, now I get a fat check to do whatever with. My friend informed me that the insurance company has to give a check directly to the body shop. Is this true? if it is its not a problem, I have a bpdy shop that does everything cheap so I can get all my door dings out, door moldings shaved, and a whole new paintjob, including sideskirts. If this isnt true I have a friend selling a set of lexani marqi's for $700 with tires, and yes they are perfect Ive looked at them, any input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The Insurance company should send someone out to inspect your car and they will cut you a check for what it's worth. THey can't force you to get it fixed at an autobody shop in which they would just send the check there

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what its worth? what if theyre wrong, this isnt right I ned to rip these bastards off!

·
Registered
645 Posts
well down here in fl you get the check or you decide. but i dont know how if its going to work that way for you . just tell them that you'll get it fix is not their problem if you fix it or not all they want to do is give you the money so you could have your car looking as it was before.i have a back bumper for sale if you need it. thank you

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres gotta be some scam you guys know of, I have to be able to do something, I NEED a new paintjob

·
Registered
461 Posts
well usually the insurance co will ask you if you have a shop in mind. id you give them a name they will cut the check to that shop but if you tell them that you aren't shure what shop yet they will cut the check to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts