Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was driving on I-5(a michigan interstate)and in fifth gear, the clutch just drops to the floor...wtf?!?! so being the mastermind that i am, pull over to see what the hell is going on....check everything along the tranny(from a side view of underneath the car) and in the engine...well being the "mastermind" i jump in the car because i was like half a mile from home...and what do ya know, can't start it cuz i can't push the clutch in...this is great! so i call AAA and they send a tow truck...they tow it to my house and i push it in the garage...i do a more thorough inspection and find out that there is a giant puddle of some liquid dripping from my transmission all the way down to where the shifter connects...o great! not sure, but it looks like i need a new tranny...o yeah and all of this just likes to roll by when i have no money and the t-i MI meet is tomorrow...life couldn't be better(sarcastic if you couldn't tell).
still not sure if it the tranny, any input needed

p.s.-MI guys, sorry can't go the meet in the teg, but i will try to catch up if i can grab my moms SUV, but that's cutting it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
same thing happend to me...it turned out my clutch fluid was leaking..so i put more in and drove it, then got my clutch master replaced..its good now...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trying to get there, lot's of debating with my mom to take her car...never thought i'd say that...i don't think it's the fluid cuzi just had my 30,000 full service checkup, too bad acura can't explain why they didn't check my clutch or tranny!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You blew a slave or master cyl. Don't worry about it - just a hydro issue!

You'll be in ship shape for around 100 bucks, max

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Wow, that sucks, and the timing couldn't have been worse, like you said. As a fellow "Special Ed", I feel for you. Special Ed will not be saying "Yaaaaay!" today.

Seriously though, hope you get up and back on your feet in no time.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Yup, its a clutch master/slave cylinder. Not the best thing to have happen, but its better than loosing a tranny or clutch.

Hope you can get it all worked out :(

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, today i put the car up on the jacks and slid under taking almost anything if not everything apart...i take the whole clutch assembly apart and fing a piece of metal basically melted to the to the stock clutch....o boy right now i'm taking more things apart to see if there's anything else FUBAR with my car....i know you guys say that it's the master cylinder but could this piece of metal stuck onto the clutch be the problem to?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Its not hard to check the master cylinder dude! Before you go and start ripping apart you're tranny check you're master.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok got my clutch master cylinder fixed from the shop...i'm now 125 dollars poorer...well went to pick it up and guess what? the guy says that we started it up(cylinder fixed) and it was good, tried to put it in gear and not so good, he had to shove the stick into gear...he tried to give it a lap around the parking lot but to no avail all he could do is creep by letting the clutch out a little...so he goes, let's take it back in....so what do i find out? that somehow that chunk of metal came back to be the reasons, it ended up getting jammed between all the "teeth" inside the tranny and ended up jamming it somehow...well when it jammed some of those "teeth" got broken off and now i cant pay for it to be fixed so it is sitting outside the shop for some money...damn you car gods! its only two years old and it's already FUBAR!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
No warranty? How much mileage do you have?

Anyhow, not trying to be unsympathetic. Your situation sucks. But both repairs should be covered under the warranty....and a 2-yr old car shouldn't be having these problems.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts