Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a guy in town who I met on another board who says he will trade me straight across for this exaust in exchange for my stock GSR exhaust. I'm going to hook up with him tomorrow to hear how it sounds, but I was just curious if anyone thinks this is a bad idea. I'm sort of having second thoughts about it because I really haven't ever liked the way that type of exhaust looks. I like them more normal I guess. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I know the company pretty well. Good trade for a stock exhaust but it is a copycat company of many other companies products.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm digging around in old threads right now looking for pictures of this on a car. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I think I'm just talking myself out of this trade by doing the research. lol

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
That's not necessarily a bad thing - better to do the research now than after the fact! That's a lesson i learned a long time ago!!!

good luck

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Why are you talking yourself out of it? Your trading your stock exhaust for a catback exhaust w/bigger piping, it's stainless, it has a resonator, and a fireball style muffler. Even if you don't decide to keep it, it is definitely an improvement over stock. I'm just curious as to why he wants to trade you for stock, is he selling the car or was it just to loud for him? BTW you could always just buy a silencer with the same size opening and drill your own hole to put it in.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. I wish I had done the research on a couple of other really bad trades I've made in my day. I think I'd rather hold out for the exhaust that sounds and looks the way I want it than do it this way. Its not like I was shopping around for an exhaust before this guy offered anyway. I'll survive. I've got other priorities. If anyone in the Salt Lake area has a sedan and wants a free exhaust then you should let me know and I'll hook you up with him.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i have a tsudo on my integra. i dont think i have any pictures of it on my car tho....i still have the silencer in it and people tell me they like how it sounds cuz its not too loud and not too soft.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i say keep the stock catback for now and save up for something like the greddy evo..i had that tsudo fireball catback on my car and damn was it annoyingly loud..it was fine at first because it was something new..but way too loud..even with the silencer in..i noticed minimal gains, but i say keep it stock until you have the money for a better company..

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
The only things that really matter in an exhaust system, as far as sound quality, are piping size, resonators, and the muffler. The muffler is going to determine the sound you want. I don't really care to hear anyone else's opinion on it but there are a ton of ricers here in Houston so I do actually get to hear a million different style mufflers w/different piping everyday. The muffler will determine the sound so if you don't like the way it sounds, cut it off and weld on a new muffler of your choice. I don't want to encourage you to do something that you clearly don't want to do, but I just can't stand it when someone passes up a good deal. No matter what it would still be worth more than your stock exhaust.

·
Registered
259 Posts
true..you can change the muffler to alter sound..but thats not the only factor for the way it sounds..i actually went to a muffler shop to see what they could do to the tsudo fireball to make it sound better and at the same time less loud..i was told that the muffler would change the sound somewhat but id also need another resonator on top of the one it already has..and if you are planning or do have an aftermarket header..itll be even louder..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its the appearance that concerns me. I haven't ever seen a picture of one of these that I really like. It may sound great and it may increase horsepower, but if it doesn't do anything for you visualy then would you still get it? Every ricer I see in SLC has something that looks like this. I guess I'll find out tomorrow how it looks on this other guy's car. He has only had it for a week and he says his girl friend wants him to get rid of it. If that is the kind of reaction I'm going to get from my lady then I definitely don't want it.

I'll snap some pictures tomorrow of it and post them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think you should do it, thats just my opinion. I bought one just a few days ago and havent got it yet. Go to carreviews.com and look up the 5zigen fireball extreme and read those reviews. thats about as close as you can get, and i think those reviews are pretty good. i think its good for the price, and definately worth more than a stock system.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What good is worth though? I mean, if its going to be lound an obnoxious or if it doesn't look good, then does the value of it really matter? Its not like I can just take it off if I don't like it. I won't have anything to replace it with. The value isn't even a consideration for me. If it really was so valuable then why would this guy want to trade straight across? He obviously doesn't like it enough that he is willing to eat the couple hundred bucks he just spent on it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
you could look for a picture of a teg with teh 5zigen fireball exhaust cause thats where they ripped off the design from.

I would sell you my greddy evo exhaust with no resonators (cut out because of lack of flow through, replaced with straight pipe) for 300.

·
Registered
988 Posts
well you want to hear what my EVO sounds like. here is a vid of me last night.

right click, save as (56K or dial up this takes about 10 minutes I believe to download, DSL or cable approx. 3 minutes to download)

http://www.xratedcc.com/gallery/albums/albumvideos/TylerDriftMode.wmv

It is a wmv format for windows media player. This is my Greddy EVO cat-back exhaust on my turbo LS with no resonators in it at all. Still pretty quiet.

Plus the resonators on the EVO tend to be a tinge smaller than teh rest of the pipe.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts