Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be bringing my car in for paint in a week or two (hopefully) and I was thinking about adding a scoop on my roof... kinda like what the WRX has on it's hood, but rather, right in the front/middle of the roof. I have not seen this before on anything but a rally car and can't decide if it will just look silly and out of place or if it will look good. what do you guys think?

p.s.:
Obiously this mod is not functional... so for all those who wanna post about how it is not a functional mod, go paint your car beige (color is not functional) or sumptin and leave this post alone.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I would go with a no on that one. But it's your money and car

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
actually someone here has one and it is functional(of will be he was working on it), hold on I'll find the pics

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
roundle on Aug/24/02 said:
Function how? Does he have the scouped air pointed down toward the 6inch exhaust tip?
no its just like a sunroof except the sun cant get in,it allows air in just like real ones are made to be, however I couldnt find the pics if might've been on the old database.

·
Registered
287 Posts
oh yea ive seen a couple of these. Theres one on the eclipse in F&F . U can make it waterproof so rain dont get in. I actually think that they r pretty cool lookin and original

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i wouldn't do it unless i was rallying in the sahara desert...but here's a rally ITR with one:

garret, is that you in the passenger seat???

·
Registered
90 Posts
carbon fiber predator hoods(on jdm integras) looks pretty good, although i'm not a big fan of vented hoods, but this is the one vented hood i actually like.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
"carbon fiber predator hoods(on jdm integras) looks pretty good, although i'm not a big fan of vented hoods, but this is the one vented hood i actually like."

i don't think we're on the same plane...he's asking about an air inlet for the top of the car like in the photo, not the hood.

·
Registered
90 Posts
oh, haha, i was skimming through the forum, and saw the word "vented" and the word "ugly" and the first thing that that came into my mind was vented hoods.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well... I was not thinking of going with a metal box on the top of my roof like the rally car. More like F&F style *sigh*.. I was hoping that that movie would not come up as a referance in this thread.... I still think it would look good on my car but I am not interested in seeing every 16 year old in a civic adding a roof scoop two months after I do mine... I used to think altezza's looked nice back when there was like 5 people in my area with them... now it looks as if it's standard equipment on all honda's sold to males 20 and younger along with an enlarged tail pipe and fake HID lights... I work at a performance shop and I see ten's of cars every day that are riced out and look like ass ... and to my own horror, I helped in creating these disgusting looking auto's by selling washer led's, altezzas, Fake HIDs, seatbelt cusions, exhaust tips, glow in the dark brake pedals and various other crap ... The sad part in all this is that although I think it would be visually pleasing to see a roof scoop on my car, I won't do it in fear that it will be played out in the same fasion that radio/media overplays that really great song untill it sounds like crap ...

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
LiL GsR bOy on Aug/25/02 said:
oh, haha, i was skimming through the forum, and saw the word "vented" and the word "ugly" and the first thing that that came into my mind was vented hoods.
not to sound like an a$$hole but you should read the whole thread before you respond.

on topic I think it'd be cool if it was functional.

·
Registered
301 Posts
if your only doing it for looks, my opinion is that you should make it blend in w/ the car. its kinda difficult, but if done rite, it'll actually look dope, instead of screaming, "look at me and all my scoops!!!" i suggest you shouldnt put it on w/ too many other scoops/body mods. i.e., i met this guy w/ a 89 supra he had 2 hood scoops, 2 side scoops, wide body, roof scoop, z3 fenders, and custom black widow I body kit w/ EXTRA, thats rite, EXTRA vents molded into the front bumper!!! just try to imagine that. this thing looked like it was ready to go out to war. well im rambling off, so to get to the point, i think it would look nice w/ dark paint, not too wild body kit, but not too simple or else the scoop will stand out. im just picturing a black teg i saw w/ a roof scoop. it was fairly slammed, w/ a blitz front(didnt see the back), single deck aluminum wing and no other body mods.(i know it already sounds wild, but it was really clean!!). so basically, do it, but make sure it doesnt overexaggerate your car.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i actually think it is a cool idea. but it would have to look cleaner than the rally r's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts