Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal on a b18c1 with header and short ram? Its been like this since i bought the car and was just curious. Its had a few driveability issues that i finally solved this afternoon, freaking clogged fuel line from tank. Even now its running as good as it ever has in my possession but i can't help notice that around 40% throttle is a sweet spot. I can hold it there and run her out to 8k and it doesnt seem to pull harder the rest of the way through the pedal. Is this normal or is this a issue that needs to be resolved? Car doesnt have any problems except some wonky idle issues that i cannot seem to resolve, most likely the intake mani needs to be pulled and decarboned since this tegs got almost 160k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
There are a number of factors that come into play with this. What gear are you in when you do this? Same area and same conditions? Have you checked to make sure your throttle position sensor is in spec? Is there too much slack in your throttle cable?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a number of factors that come into play with this. What gear are you in when you do this? Same area and same conditions? Have you checked to make sure your throttle position sensor is in spec? Is there too much slack in your throttle cable?
In first and second it feels good but 3rd-5th just dont seem to pull at WoT. Im basing my post off a friends ls vtec that seemed to scream once you floored it. His was a entirely stock b18b bottom with b16 head. Everything is in spec on my car. I literally just re calibrated the tps yesterday after attempting to use a blox tps which was extremely wonky and had several dead spots straight out the package. literally the entire fuel system has been replaced, new ignition system from ignition switch to spark plugs, engine has good compression at 185 on each cylinder. although the compression results may be skewed as i read you are supposed to hold the throttle wide open which i didnt do. the only issue the car has right now is it wont hold residual fuel pressure for more than 10 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
In first and second it feels good but 3rd-5th just dont seem to pull at WoT. Im basing my post off a friends ls vtec that seemed to scream once you floored it. His was a entirely stock b18b bottom with b16 head. Everything is in spec on my car. I literally just re calibrated the tps yesterday after attempting to use a blox tps which was extremely wonky and had several dead spots straight out the package. literally the entire fuel system has been replaced, new ignition system from ignition switch to spark plugs, engine has good compression at 185 on each cylinder. although the compression results may be skewed as i read you are supposed to hold the throttle wide open which i didnt do. the only issue the car has right now is it wont hold residual fuel pressure for more than 10 minutes.
Your friend is making more power than you are with a poor man's ITR build, and has a tune. You're bone stock. Also, in higher gears like 4-5, the GSR doesn't make enough power to push you back very hard in stock form. Those gears aren't meant for acceleration. 1-3 get you to speed, 4-5 hold you there. If you want hard acceleration in 4-5, you need shorter gears or more power. Period.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I grab 4th at 90 and it pulls. I have grabbed 5th and it pulls too but I grabbed it at 8k. Your power is from 6k to 8k. Have had my car to 130 and still pulling hard. It's not like 2nd gear but pulls like expected. I have full range on my throttle. Might be a fuel issue like dirty injectors. I would check with a wide band O2. Most flat spots are a lack of fuel in my experience. Have had bad plug wires do this too but that made the car miss under a load and a week later took out my coil.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I grab 4th at 90 and it pulls. I have grabbed 5th and it pulls too but I grabbed it at 8k. Your power is from 6k to 8k. Have had my car to 130 and still pulling hard. It's not like 2nd gear but pulls like expected. I have full range on my throttle. Might be a fuel issue like dirty injectors. I would check with a wide band O2. Most flat spots are a lack of fuel in my experience. Have had bad plug wires do this too but that made the car miss under a load and a week later took out my coil.
I plan on getting a wideband soon but still saving up to finish the suspension first. Mostly everything on my car is new. I.E rotor, wires, plugs, injectors, fpr, fuel pump, etc. Thats why i was dropping a post but i have actually figured out partially whats causing the issue. A bad connection at the fuel pump and shoddy soldering on the autozone main relay i bought seem to be contributing to the problem. After cleaning up the pins at the fuel pump and the connector to it and resoldering my old OE main relay. It seems the car pulls like it should or atleast close to it. Still something isn't quite right with the wiring on this car. One issue is a rough idle that randomly occurs and will disappear if i turn the car off and then restart it. Its also having intermittent sluggish acceleration. I don't know who had this car before but they didn't take care of it. I am currently debating on whether i should buy a new cabin and engine harness just to take away some of the guess work. Atleast i can full test a new harness and visually inspect it without tearing apart the car to check whats currently in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts