Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a White 97 LS 5-speed and was wondering if it was worth it to move up from my slow 95 SE Auto. Is the speed difference that noticable? I really would like a GSR, but they are almost impossible to find here and the dealerships usually jack up the prices on them. How much of a speed difference is there between a GSR and an LS?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Actually GSR's aren't that much quicker untill top end 3rd gear. Driving an LS 5 spd compared to a GSR, it feels like the LS is more powerful because of the power band/torque curve. But yes, an LS 5 speed will be quicker than an Auto. Much more noticeable. My friends gf has an auto and we put her's, with intake and exhaust against a bone stock 5 speed and the 5 speed smoked it. It was sick. But if you can't find a GSR or don't have the cash, an LS 5 speed is your next best bet. You can always go low compression turbo in the long run :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have an ls v-tec and i can keep up with a gsr any day, but the stock ls is not as near as fats as a gsr

·
Registered
368 Posts
Get the LS 5-speed. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
If you are concerned about peformance, wait for a 5spd (LS or GSR, depending on what you can obtain). Otherwise the auto tranny will always be holding you back with more drivetrain loss, and in most cases give out after a fair amount of stress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts