Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of the steps I am taking to redo the paint. The paint is in poor condition but I don't have means to paint it all at once so I'm doing it in sections.
I'm sanding with 400 grit some areas down to bare metal. I'm sanding down about 1 inch to blend with the older clear coat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some photos of the steps I am taking to redo the paint. The paint is in poor condition but I don't have means to paint it all at once so I'm doing it in sections.
I'm sanding with 400 grit some areas down to bare metal. I'm sanding down about 1 inch to blend with the older clear coat.
UPDATE: I finished all the painting. I realized I had to to do a lot more sanding, also learned I needed to do 800 grit everywhere. I had a respirator, goggles and gloves on when painting with the 2k. I used exactly one can of the g71p touchup 12 oz can for color coat and exactly one can of the 2k clear 12oz. That gives you an idea of how much you can paint with one can. Anyways I'm pretty happy with the results. My tips are to thouroughly sweep and blow all the dust off the ground before doing it, that way when you're moving around you won't kick up any small dust particles.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts