Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 99 LS that I stuffed a JDM B20 into.

At first, it fired up and I drove it around a couple miles. it showed 3 codes. I parked it and fired it up again and this time I thought i would take it for a longer drive. I turned the block and additional codes popped up that I didn't get a chance to write down or look into. A total of like 7 codes. However, after this it refused to start and i had to tow it home, literally 2 blocks. The initial 3 codes were something about the crank sensor, TPS and one other code i can't remember right now. I checked to make sure I didn't mistakenly plug something into something it should not be plugged into. Everything is plugged in that I can see except for 1. I have a floater that should plug into a sensor below the intake manifold. However, the stock block didn't have this sensor and I have no idea where this should plug into. I went to the pick n pull to look for a sensor in the same spot that may fit this plug but all the other blocks I checked out don't seem to have this sensor. So that's a dead end. I did the crank sensor mod with the ECU harness so I don't think that should be the problem. I checked to make sure I didn't spit a timing belt but that was good, belt still intact. What could this be?

Any help would be appreciated. I've come this far and to take it to a service shop at this point would have made all my efforts to this point null. Again, I appreciate any help with this matter.

Thanks all.

JC

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the same... there should be 2 grounds 1 on the right and left of the motor.. use 10 or 7 gauge copper wire, make sure this is not paint and rust proof the spot. hope this helps....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the same... there should be 2 grounds 1 on the right and left of the motor.. use 10 or 7 gauge copper wire, make sure this is not paint and rust proof the spot. hope this helps....
Thank you for your help. I’ll check the grounds later today and let you know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with 99B18. One of first swaps in 2003. That was the issue. You need at least two grounds to the head and one to the block. Also, are you running usdm ecu? Good Luck man!!!
Yes .... US ECU ... I tried swapping in another p75 ECU and still the same result. I did the crank sensor mod to the ECU plugs so I double checked the wiring and all was good.

I have both grounds secured, one on the front to the valve cover and the other tot he thermostat housing.

I checked the plugs and they were not wet so I'm suspecting its a fuel issue. ie. the cylinders are not getting fuel.

I changed out the cap and rotor and the ignitor from the JDM distributor. I may switch back my OEM ignitor now that I suspect its a fuel issue.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any updates on this issue?
So i thought it may be my ecu since i modded the ecu plugs for the crank sensor bypass mod. Plugged in another 975 ecu and still the same result. No start.

I then checked the plugs and they were dry.

I am suspecting a no fuel issue. also thinking back the car stopped running after running around the block like it was running out of gas.

Fuel guage shows 1/2 tank but I got a 2g fuel cell i'll try dumping that fuel into the tank tomorrow and see it htat makes a difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a way to purge the fuel system?

I'll turn the key and let the pump do it's thing for a couple seconds before trying to start it but still it just cranks?

Damn, anyone know of a local do it yourselfer that may be willing to help a brother out? Damn!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know what this is ... i have a viper alarm that came with the car and this on the windshield. I feel like there is a fuel shutoff or something happening here. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry I have not posted on your questions for awhile. That looks like the antenna for your viper alarm. Do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key to on but not start? You could also unhook the fuel line going to the fuel rail or return fuel line and put into a jar and see if you are getting fuel. Also, have you checked to make sure that the wiring to the alternator and to the starter are not loose? One last thing. I believe there is a large fuse-able link that can blow. I'll see if I can find a picture of location.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I have not posted on your questions for awhile. That looks like the antenna for your viper alarm. Do you hear the fuel pump running when you turn the key to on but not start? You could also unhook the fuel line going to the fuel rail or return fuel line and put into a jar and see if you are getting fuel. Also, have you checked to make sure that the wiring to the alternator and to the starter are not loose? One last thing. I believe there is a large fuse-able link that can blow. I'll see if I can find a picture of location.
Thank you for all your help!

I've got it up and running. I first changed out the fuel filter, spark plugs and wires. Still it was a no start. I then forked out the money for a new distributor and it fired right up. So i'm guessing the issue was the distributor, lol.

Currently there is still a check engine light on and according to the scan tool its because of the auto trans kickdown cable being loose and needing to be replaced. I have one on order and it should arrive sometime next week.

I'll have that installed and provide feedback.

Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the wiring diagrams. For starting, fuel pump, etc. Hope this helps. I'm also assuming that you have done basic test? Fuel, timing, spark. Good luck!
Thank you for the schematics.

These are very helpful as I have a random plug that's doesnt seem to affect anything its just hanging out. Nobody knows where it goes but everyone seems to agree it does not go to the B20.

·
Registered
167 Posts
it's likely your ignition coil or maybe ignition control module was bad,
no need to replace the entire distributor so save the old one for parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts