Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took out my air box and figured it would give me a lil power. But the sound is the best part. But after one day the air filter is dirty. like really dirty. does a regular short ram intake get just as dirty. If it does i might just buy a kandn instead of a short ram kit. Can you tell me why i should or shouldn't just get a short ram.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
With out the box it is going to get dirtier, so if you plan on keeping your intake box-less I would at least get a K&N filter that attaches to the stock piping.

The only downside to getting a shortram when compaired to your current boxless setup, is it isn't free.

·
Registered
461 Posts
are you just letting the air filter flop around then since the box holds it still?? i was thinking of doing that also but didn't want the filter to flop...i was thinking of buying another air box and cutting it up to i have mounting spots?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it is floppin around. but there are no moving parts near and the intake tube is stiff enough to keep it in one spot. It is not like you can hear it. or even tell if it is moving around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use some thin electrical wire and siply wrapped it around and tighten the ends together with plyers.. works perfect..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts