Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
First off, I have a Black 2001 GS-R...
I'm going to a body/auto restoration shop sometime this week to have them paint/mold my Wings West W-Type bodykit on, and shave my side moldings and emblems. What do you guys think I should do with my wing?
I can:
1. Keep my GSR wing (looks fine)
2. Get a Type-R wing (looks hot)
3. "Shave" the wing as well. (looks clean)

Right now I'm kinda leaning towards either going wingless or getting the Type-R wing. If I do get the type-r wing, it wouldn't be for a while, so I'd have to keep my GSR wing on for a bit until then.

Here's a couple pics of cars with similar kits as mine and their wings...

Any opinions would be great. Thanks.
-Ep

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
it's pretty much your call, but after looking at those pics i'd go with the type r wing, it looks the best, plus i don't really like tegs without wings.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wingless is cool... it looks sleek and fast. Type R wing is dope, it kinda makes it look fatter, I dunno, they're both tight!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the cars pictured are from this site, more specifically the "My Integra" forum. That's why they may seem familiar.

Yeah I know the Type-R wing looks good, but like I said it would be a while, and I'd almost rather go wingless than with the GSR wing. I never really have liked that wing...
-Ep

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This car doesn't have the same kit as mine, but here's a GSR winged vs. wingless comparison...

-Ep

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
a very basic kit like the ones you've pictured.. wouldn't need a wing.. i can see if you had a crazy body kit.. it'd be like the cherry to the sundae..

i like it clean.. if i got a simple kit.. the spoiler would be so toast..(its jdm w/no spoiler)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I really liked the look of my TypeR when someone stole my wing (except for the ripped trunk). It's a total sleeper look. Very clean.

But I did have to get the wing put back on...You do notice a difference in handling at high speeds.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dvcooke on Aug/27/02 said:
But I did have to get the wing put back on...You do notice a difference in handling at high speeds.
Really? I didn't think they actually did that much. I know my GSR wing probably does sh*t. =)

Interesting... keep the opinions coming.
-Ep

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Definitely wing...sorry but I don't like tegs without wings, I think they look dumb...TypeR wing to be more specific...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I say it all depends on what rims you have on your car. For example my car has MAE Rims and it would DEFINITELY not look good with a wing. If you go with a wing, the TypeR Wing would look pretty nice, but it would definitely look good wingless which I prefer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think Integras look odd without some type of wing; especially when you've got a body kit. A body kit with no wing looks unbalanced visually. I would suggest the Type-R wing first, then the GSR wing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts