Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make sure my setup should work fine and no issues.

I'm looking to run a 1/0 ga welding cable from the trunk to engine bay that goes into a distribution block ( maybe like a stinger i suppose or comparable ) and then connect the remaining power sources like fuse box, abs fuses, and starter from that distribution block using 4 ga. Just wanted to make 100 percent sure i didn't miss anything and this will work fine...

Thx, Philip

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
you probably want to run double aught for everything , the battery can discharge 5-600cca's when needed, single aught is probalby too small for that length...

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
1/0 is fine. a lot of people get away with as small as 4-gauge.

i ran 1/0.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going to a local welding shop for the 1/0 gauge over in lincolnton, can't remember the name off the top of my head but really cheap. And then ill prolly just get some type of 4 ga power wire off ebay or such... either way it's pretty cheap stuff when bought by the feet..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I used 4 gauge for mine, you should be just fine with that. Also the distribution block is exactly what I have to do, I didn't have time when I did mine. Another idea is maybe as soon as you get the wire through the fire wall you can put a switch to shut the power off when working on the car then run it to the dist block. Also there is a grommet below the battery tray to the right you can pass the wire through that hole rather than making a new hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts