Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an amp, its a pioneer gm-x962, and the stats are

Continuous Power (14.4V): 125Wx2 (4 ohm), 190Wx2 (2 ohm), 380Wx1 (4 ohm)

i also had 2 alpine type s subwoofers coming in, but the ebay seller i bought em from was bogus, so i have to reorder the subs elsewhere. anyways, the subs run 200 watts rms, so do you guys think it'd be better to get dvc subs so i can run the 190x2 @ 2ohms (wiring each sub to one channel and wiring the voice coils in parallel) or to get svc and bridge the amp together to get the 380x1? i could wire the subs in parallel to each other also to get more than 380, but i don't know which way to go is better...what do you guys think? before i was stuck with the 380x1 cause the subs i ordered were svc, but now ive opened up my options a bit...thanks, any help is appreciated

oh yea, and do you guys know anywhere i can beat 198 for both subs shipped? and they sell the svc version for 99, and the dvc for 89...does that even make sense? i thought the svc was supposed to be cheaper..?

oh yea, heh sorry one more question, have any of you guys ordered from onlinecarstereo.com? is it a good place to buy?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8 ohm subs? i thought subs only came 4 ohm...am i missing something here?? sorry, i suck with this stuff...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh hm..i didn't know they came in 8 ohms...
but wouldn't i want a 2 ohm load either way i go to get most power? so 4 ohm subs would be best right?

·
Registered
655 Posts
my amp is 2 ohm stable as well, but I went with 2, 8 ohm subs anyways. I dunno, I heard it keeps it from getting as hot or something like that. I was just told by alot of others to just do it like that anyway and I've been happy with it.

my last set up was 2, 4 ohms of the same sub and I really can't tell a difference.but maybe that's just cause I'm not playing them to the max?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
that amp listed above isnt 2 ohm mono stable... only 4 ohm for a single load..

so either Two 8 ohm woofers wired in parallel (resulting in 4 ohm mono)
or
Two 2 ohm woofers running stereo
or
Two DVC 4 ohm woofers with each woofer having both 4 ohm coils wired in parallel (resulting in 2 ohms per side) running in stereo
or
Two DVC 4 ohm woofers with each woofer run in series (8 ohm per woofer) and then both woofers wun in parallel (resulting in final 4 ohm mono load)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help fellas, i think i'm gonna go with the two dvc 4 ohms wired in parallel..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts