Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a g3 teg and i'm trying to remove the rear wiper arm so i can repaint it. I removed the plastic cap, then the nut. i then tryed pulling it off but had no luck. is there something else you need to do?

·
Registered
607 Posts
You just have to put a little "Who's your Daddy" on it. Wiggle it around, it will come off.

Phil

·
Registered
395 Posts
Heres the trick.. lift up the wiper arm as if you where to wash your car and wipe around the areas. then it comes off with out any force at all just lift up. once you lift up the arm just pull off.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Or you could just paint it with it on the car. I left mine on, and covered the back glass with plastic and it worked fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you remove your rear wiper, which was thinking of doing, won't it be a problem when the car goes through inspection. I live in NJ and NJ is a pain in tbe but when going through inspection.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I removed the plastic cover and nut, but no matter how hard I pull or how much I wiggle, that arm just will not come off. Front ones won't come off either...has anyone else ever run into problems getting them off? I've been folding the arm up, and still no luck. tried with it down, too. P.S. I know this thread is old.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I had to "gently force" the arms off with the help of a wide blade screwdriver. This is NOT the reccomended way of doing it, but if you're very careful and take your time, the rear glass shouldn't shatter.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i had this problem and got mine off last week. I took a screw driver and went around gently prying upward between the wiper arm and rubber bushing between the glass. There are grooves on the inside of the wiper arm, and the grooves on the shaft out of the wiper motor. they interlock so the motor transfers motion to the wiper. I think they were a little off on my 96, possible from the motion of the wiper or some installed wrong. Just be carful around that glass, its gonna be expensive if you break it.

Jusitn

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm scared to break something because I have a way of doing that with everything when I'm not paying VERY close attention :Þ
Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

I bought some enamel...the can says "Email" lol! it's french for "enamel"

·
Registered
675 Posts
lol..sh!t..damn...that sux..but why do u wanna remove them?? that thing really helped me alot when it rains. cant see sh!t. when it rains alot and hard..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm painting my wiper arms. As for rear wiper removal...I never used my rear wiper all summer, so if I go all winter without needing it, it's coming off in the spring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Romove/Change Rear Wiper Arm G3

I figured out how to do this after Busting a window at the junkyard trying to get it off
there's a thin cap at the base over a nut that once you take it off the whole thing comes right apart no problem.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts