Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Some places can underspray your car. Most of the time its really expensive process that you could do yourself for $25 in parts and a few hours under your car.

They sell rubberized undercoating at most autoparts stores.

I am really not sure how well that stuff works or not. Personally, I just make a note to spray the underside of my car with a good soap once a week durring the winter season.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is your car from canada, because it should already have an undercoat on it

·
Registered
185 Posts
I paid 300 bucks to have mine professionally done by a person who does it for a business. He takes apart the doors and crap and sprays EVERYTHING. He also guarantees your car against rust for life...he checks it in 5 years or so and if it needs touched up, he touches it up for free. Not a spot of rust on ANY car that my family has owned. And around PA salt is as plentiful as hoes are to a pimp.

It's the best investment you can do for your car if you plan on keeping it for a long time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am from Canada.
It doesn't look like there's an undercoating though.
I don't like to take my car to anyshop. I like to do all the work on my car. So any reccommendations on different products?

·
Registered
124 Posts
WD-40. I'm not sure if it would repel the salt, but it will repel the water and slush. The only problem is that you'll need to reapply it every couple weeks.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
My 94 LS had it when it was bought new in the summer of 93 =) although my dads 00 GSR (sold) =( did not come with it. The 94 has no rust or corrosion underneath =)

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Brian_Hanspard on Sep/15/02 said:
I paid 300 bucks to have mine professionally done by a person who does it for a business. He takes apart the doors and crap and sprays EVERYTHING. He also guarantees your car against rust for life...he checks it in 5 years or so and if it needs touched up, he touches it up for free. Not a spot of rust on ANY car that my family has owned. And around PA salt is as plentiful as hoes are to a pimp.

It's the best investment you can do for your car if you plan on keeping it for a long time.
where in PA are you located? you're right about the salt analogy. In winter it practically rains salt...

i have no clue if my 94 LS has underbody spray like mentioned above....i hope so.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
GangStarR420 on Sep/16/02 said:
Just buy a $300 beater for the winter. That way you can practice rally driving into snowbanks like I do.
Hell yeah, I found a 87 Crown Vic last year for $800 and its still running good, so im gonna use it again this year. I love drifting =)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Under body coating quite frankly may be a waste of time.. I had a '88 Grand Prix that was passed onto me, never had any underbody spray/coating and it didn't have a spot of rust while I owned it.

Just make sure you have your car properly rust proofed prior to winter every year, and wash your car at least once a week with either a high pressure hose or the touchless underbody car wash (I found it does an excellent job) If you do this frequently you should be safe.

I have not one spot of rust on my car and its a '96! Ask other T-I members who have seen my car, I'm sure they'll agree that my car is spotless inside and out.. even my fender panels look brand new!

·
Registered
185 Posts
one spot of rust and it's a 96? I think that is horrible. That car isn't that old. I had an 89, and I didn't have any rust, anywhere....why? Because I got it undercoated.

·
Registered
408 Posts
if you have a reliable dealer, or if there is a reputable shop that does interior trim (like ziebart here in regina. dont know if its elsewhere...) they can do the undercoating. mine was done by my dealership under the premium protection package. they used some 3m undercoating and its still there for the most part (only small patches came off for whatever reason) 9 years later. i highly recommend that stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts