Team Integra Forums banner

Wing Install HELP!

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  JayDawg1039 
#1 ·
im posting this here cause its not getting any responses in the projects section.. guess thats what i get for actually putting it in the right place

hey it's finially time to put my oem style type r wing on, this wing has a LED but came with no instructions, i know how to install the actual wing but i need help figuring out how to wire the LED into my existing brake light or electricial system im not really sure where it goes

the only wire i see looks very similiar to a speaker cable its a small braided line with 2 seperate wires a black plastic coated wire and a red plastic coated wire

any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
theres two reasons I'm responding.

1. Im interested also because Im gonna do this soon, and I want to get e-mails on this noe and I have to respond for that.

2. Be patient man, it can take more then 1 hr and 45 minutes for an ansswer.

#6 ·
Dave181024 on Aug/26/02 said:
Quote: lenguaso on Aug/25/02Most people are asleep by now. Work and stuff. Patience is a vurtue.
and

Maybe this should be posted in the right forum and ppl will respond...........in this forum Audio, Security and Electrical
actually it's already in the propper forum (Projects) and it has 0 responses, i wanted to do this project tonight hence my rushing, so i put it in the g3 forum and SUPRISE! i'm getting plenty of answers

#8 ·
i know what i have to do... splice the spoiler wires into the wires going to the third brake light but what i don't get is how to do a 3 way splice because i still want the third brake light to function

#10 ·
kingkash420 on Aug/26/02 said:
i know what i have to do... splice the spoiler wires into the wires going to the third brake light but what i don't get is how to do a 3 way splice because i still want the third brake light to function
IMO, having the 3rd brake light and an LED looks fairly stupid...

#11 ·
what if you already have a spoiler with the LED?

I too bought a Type R spoiler with the LED, it should be here next week - i was told there was just a type of wiring harness that you unclipped from the stock one and plugged into the aftermarket one...is this true?

I took my third brake light out b/c it wasn't connected to anything and i wanted to get rid of it.

#13 ·
if you already have a spoiler with a led simply wire the new spoiler in the same spots as the old one

#14 ·
I installed my oem wing about a month ago, and it was very simple. For the led, all you do is take off the top cover on the top over your hatch. There should be this little connector in there, which is coming from the third brake light. You take that connector and the one thats comin from the spoiler and connect them. And now your led works.

#15 ·
As far as connecting your wing LED to your 3rd brake light (so as to be beable to continue using your 3rd brake light along with the led in the wing)

all you have to do is strip away the plastic coating from the wires in the 3rd brake light, take the matching wires (red to red black to black)from the wings led and (strip the coating of course)and wrap them securely around the 3rd brake lights wires as to make a soild connection.

Then to make sure the seal stays soild, solder the wires together. Make sure to cover the wires completely but make sure to do a nice job. it can get messy at times. Finally finish the job up by covering the soldered sections up with electrical tape. Now your finished.

As long as you connected the wires correctly than you should have no problem. I've done this before with hooking up leds to my blinkers. If you have any questions PM me.

#16 ·
ok i psyicially installed the wing today and when i went to wire in the led i noticed that i dont have red and black wires i have green and black wires

i am assuming green is taking the place of red here is this correct?

#17 ·
Thats what happened with me. I had grey and black. As long as those are the only 2 wires than match black to black and the red wire to which ever other wire (in this case green) After you hook the 2 together test it first to make sure it works befor soldering anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.