Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and gals, I was doing the rear wiper delete the other night and when I finished up, I went to roll up my windows (I had my music playing) and they didn"t work! First thought was battery was drained from playing music for roughly 45 minutes or so. I started the car let it run for a few minutes, still no luck. With checking other electicals, the moonroof and windshield wipers don't work either. I'm driving to Vegas this weekend and need it fixed as soon as possible.

Any and all input is appreciated, THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
care to elaborate why cutting the wires would be bad?? cause i cut them a while ago

·
Registered
120 Posts
wires probably touched and shorted because you just cut them and probably did not tape it with electrical tape. check your fuses. and tape your loose wires up with electrical tape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cut them, then used a wire nut to cover them. I checked the fuses for windows and moonroof and they are not blown.

·
Registered
356 Posts
BseriesLust on Sep/13/10 said:
check to see what circuit they are in? and y would you cut a harness man. when you can just unplug them.
<SIGH>.... I have never understood why people cut a harness when there is a plug . You def have a short somewhere. Isn't there a fuse under the hood for these also?
JDM

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
teggygsr97 on Sep/12/10 said:
I cut them, then used a wire nut to cover them. I checked the fuses for windows and moonroof and they are not blown.
if you aren't checking with a tool like a multimeter, you haven't checked them...

because that not only tells you that those particular fuses are good/bad, but whether or not the power source upstream are alright too (which i think would be the problem)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay thanks guys. Btw obviously I tried to disconnect the harness. I messed around with it for a good thirty minutes and it WOULD NOT budge. I finally got fed up and just cut them... Ill check with a multimeter asap. Thanks again guys.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Did some poking around in the Helms for you

the windows, moonroof and wipers all have one common point:

the 40 amp fusible link labeled "IG 1" on the left side of this picture

thats from my 1999 Helms anyway.... i guess your 97 would be different, but both models would have a common fusible link that powers all those circuits before the in-car fusebox

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks MorningZ for looking into it for me. I actually have a '95 gsr I need to change my name... But really thank you for searching the Helms for me. I'll check into that asap!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem, but I haven't cut anything. Windows/moonroof/wiper just stop working when got home, checked noth G201 and G401 grounds, tested windows relay, tested moonroof relay.

The #14 fuse (P/W Relay, S/R Relay, Wiper & Washer) just blows after Ingition Switch (II).

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got a new hatch my buddy cut the wires,I have a 1997 and I'm having the same problem still I don't know what fuse 14 is it under the dash or hood,I don't have a fuse cover under the dash.i really like some help and have it up and driving this spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts