Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason the driver side window on my teg is already starting to go out (slows down going up). If it gets much worse im gonna have to push it the rest of the way lol. Anyway, has anyone replaced a window motor? I'll probably put it in myself, but since the dealers closed now I cant call and ask how much it is, so can anyone tell me how much they are before I go and pick one up tommorow?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i think EVERY teg has this problem...if i hit both switches at the same time, the passenger is up and secure by the time the drivers is 3/4 up the track!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
LT6916 on Aug/31/02 said:
i think EVER teg has this problem...if i hit both switches at the same time, the passenger is up and secure by the time the drivers is 3/4 up the track!!
LOL....yeah, mine does the same too!! Also I noticed it struggles more everytime when I just washed the car. It's so slow...it seems to get caught or somethin and makes that annoying high pitched screeching noise!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
loL! weight reduction? i think they're only 9 pounds

·
Registered
147 Posts
my driver side window was going really slow so when I was out in town I stopped by the acura dealer and he sprayed this silicone lube stuff in the window track and it fixed it after rolling the window up and down a few times. they guy didnt charge me anything to do it. he said that happens cause the gaskets there get dried out after a while. id try doing that befor i buy a new motor and put it in.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
anyone else lose the rubber thing that covers the screws in the track? mine fell into my door
...this car, sometimes....ARRRGGGG

its the stupid things that piss me off...

·
Registered
743 Posts
thanks dickise, ill try that

and about the weight, at 18 pounds for the pair,i'm not gonna strip em' but if it was 14-15 ea. I WOULD!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i don't know b18bad...i had manual crank before and i just LOVE my power windows. but that's me
they're helpful in sudden downpours.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, before I go and get a motor I'll try and lube the entire mechanism (track etc). only problem is my friend is borrowing my Helms manual to do some suspension work and is out of town for a few days. And although I can rip the head of my engine without instructions no prob, I've never had to remove any interior before (cept center console), and not wanting to damage my door panels dont want to start prying on things without knowing what I'm doing. So can anyone give me some, or point me to some instructions on removing the door panels so I can get at the window mechanism. I know its pretty minor, but I really only just got this thing and I dont like guessing when I'm taking apart anything on the car.

Thnx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts