Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys any of you use willwoods? or stop tech? are ther comprabable to each other?

what about used systems. Is there anything i should look for besides the normal wear items liek pads and rotors?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Solscud007 on Jan/19/06 said:
Hey guys any of you use willwoods? or stop tech? are ther comprabable to each other?

what about used systems. Is there anything i should look for besides the normal wear items liek pads and rotors?

Nick,
Never used Wilwoods but our world challenge cars use the Stop Tech BBK's.

one thing you really want to look at are the seals in the caliper. Make sure they are in good condtion. You might see stress cracks on the rotors but that should be fine. Pads are always replaceable so that shouldn't be an issue.

Even though everything still looks good it is still "iffy"

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
If I remember right, some wilwood calipers don't have dust seals. Which isn't a problem if you're rebuilding after every race. But for a street car, that would be a problem.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
RacerZook on Jan/19/06 said:
If I remember right, some wilwood calipers don't have dust seals. Which isn't a problem if you're rebuilding after every race. But for a street car, that would be a problem.
where can i find that info at? i'm looking into some wilwood and would like to know if this is true for a street car and can anything be prevented.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
only the newest willwoods have the dust seals for street cars. Othwise they will need to be rebuild like every 10k from what ive heard

·
Registered
288 Posts
my vote is for wilwood... plainly because they are more affordable, have a longer history in the aftermarket scene, and essentially i just like the ergonomics of the calipers and rotors.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
^^^I think you need to take a closer look at Stoptecs.

And I'm genuinely curious as to how a caliper and rotor design can have better ergonomics than another?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.