Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
go to tunerzimage and get a megan racing one use the TI coupon for the discount and it cost the same as that bar if you include shipping

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
You will gain almost no performance with that bar unlike the ad states....2 or 4 door. plus it is inconveniently placed where the people in the back seat could smack their head on it. Unless you are going to use it as a camera mount or pad it and still have the "look" don't waste your money.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I noticed a difference in my cars handling after installing the C-pillar bar. It wasnt crazy, but it was noticed.

There is a DIY thread on TI for a quick disconnect for the C-pillar bars so if you do have passengers, you can take it off and on easily.

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
shore96teg on Oct/11/07 said:
You will gain almost no performance with that bar unlike the ad states....2 or 4 door. plus it is inconveniently placed where the people in the back seat could smack their head on it. Unless you are going to use it as a camera mount or pad it and still have the "look" don't waste your money.
i thought the c-pilliar bar was the only bar that actually did anything other then sway bars? didn't someone do a test by jacking up a corner of the car and try closing the door? without the bar the door didnt close right and with it, it did.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
it looks nice but like shore96teg said... yo backseat passengers wont be to happy with you. but then again that is one way of making people stop asking you for a ride... 1 passanger limit

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
97lsteggy on Oct/11/07 said:
Quote: shore96teg on Oct/11/07You will gain almost no performance with that bar unlike the ad states....2 or 4 door. plus it is inconveniently placed where the people in the back seat could smack their head on it. Unless you are going to use it as a camera mount or pad it and still have the "look" don't waste your money.

i thought the c-pilliar bar was the only bar that actually did anything other then sway bars? didn't someone do a test by jacking up a corner of the car and try closing the door? without the bar the door didnt close right and with it, it did.

How does this test duplicate any real world situation you would ever encounter while driving? I have a c-pillar bar...its used as a camera mount and it looks nice. Before I got it i never had a problem with closing my doors before i got the bar. now that its installed it makes no difference in door closing when the car is jacked up.

Now if someone took at g-force meter and ran arounf a skid pad and recorded their highest g-forces with and without the c-pillar bar while changing nothing else as well as making sure the air temp and relative humidity stayed the same....THAT would be a test worth looking at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.