Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at autozone today and they sell a intake pipe and filter now the package says 94-00 But The pipe is the same size as my stock intake now(3") I'm an 88 RS btw. What im wondering is could I just get a generic intake from there or off of ebay thats the same size pipe and put it in my gen1 and just put on some pipe clamps and a better filter? I looked at the article about making one but I couldnt find the right pipe I needed for mine. If anyone can help me out it would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Personally, I'd spend the extra money and get a brand name intake that's proven: I'd go with the AEM or Comptech Icebox.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
roundle on Sep/05/02 said:
Personally, I'd spend the extra money and get a brand name intake that's proven: I'd go with the AEM or Comptech Icebox.
I hope Mike D shields his eyes from this post...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
haha for reals. its not the brand name, its about the piping diameter. Maybe custom make your own intake? i heard it was like 50 dollars in parts, so if your that dedicated, u should try that.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the reason I ask is cause the premade cheapies on ebay are like 20 bucks, If I just got one of those and a good filter and a can of engine paint id be all set. As far as brand names go I wouldnt pay that much for a filter on a stick.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If it's a short ram, it's really just a filter on a stick. It's not like there's tons of options for a Gen1 anyway, just make sure you can return it if it doesn't fit for you. I'm thinking if your engine bay is close to that of the Gen2 your intake will run into the battery though. Do you have a pic of a Gen1 engine bay? We can most likely see from that if it will fit or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts