Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I just traded in some foglights for a (Rockwood Fosgate) RF sub, (the numbers on the back are RFP 1412) and I am now looking for an amp just to drive the sub.

The main concern is that I am cheap :). Can't spend a lot of money, I am trying to keep the cost of the amp to under 100 dollars.

Here's my choice so far: it's not a mono channel sub amp, but should do.

This one, for 70 bucks:
500 watts, 2,3,4 channel

Is this an Ok choice? Audiovox a decent company? I do not know how many watts my sub can handle, as I don't have a manual and a web search didn't reveal anything. But I would like to hear some opinons here. I am mostly looking at Car Toys, since their amps are closest to me. I cannot order online, so it must be a brick and mortar place. If there are other recommended amps for under 100 bucks, please let me know!

·
Registered
301 Posts
ok, specifics man.........how big is ur sub?........if its a Phosgate i guarantee u that it can handle at least 500 watts! How old is the sub? what condition? and do u realize that the amp kit that you will have to buy ( unless you already have one) will run u another 20 or 30 bucks at least?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems to be in good condition, a bit dusty on the surface though. we hooked it up to a home entertainment center and it works, so it seems to be in decent shape at least. No clue how old it is, it's a 12" Punch model. I realize an amp kit will also cost me.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
You didn't search hard enough. I just spent 5 minutes looking through fosgate's site for you. Link! It's a 1996 sub, btw.

Basically for anyone who wants to help, this 12" sub's maximum recommended RMS power is 200W. You're not going to get a good amp for a low price at a big chain retail store. I'd go to a small store and deal. I've seen prices as good as online prices at small stores. Try finding an Alpine MRP-350. Retail is $200, discountsjungle has it for $123.90. You can always try buying used stuff from people on the forums, like me. =P

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the search fyberoptik, can't believe I missed it myself.

Since no one seems to be selling an amp, looks like i'll be buying the audiovox one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
if its Definately a Rockford Fosgate you'll be fine
if it's that b.s. company rockwood that came out a few years back steer clear............

please, please, please...............do it right the 1st time
coming from a dude thats had experience with crap, you can find an online vendor or someone selling a good used amp for the price range you are lookin for
don't buy crap, you'll just get pissed later when the crap components let you down and you're stuck somewhere in traffic

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well there was an offer for an apline, but it IS 5 years old. technology's changing.

argh, tough choices..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts